Welcome to PatsFans.com

no more ozzy?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Va_Pats_Fan, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Va_Pats_Fan

Va_Pats_Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

2. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +481 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

3. SeanBruschi54

SeanBruschi54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

:confused: :confused: :confused:

why?????
  4. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +481 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

Because practically every song he does sounds like a football anthem.
  5. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -1

If they are getting a new theme song (something I wish on a weekly basis they would), it shouldn't replace Ozzy; it should replace the 1812 Overture as a touchdown song. It does not work at all. You can't dance to it in the stands. Also, I wish they would play more 70's stuff. It would fit the crowd better, and maybe get them to be a bit more frenzied.
  6. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +481 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

It's funny, whenever you get nearly 70,000 people together in the same place the tastes in music will be varied. I personally love the 1812 Overture after touchdowns, I think it's exhilirating. I hate rap, but getting rid of that would alienate the Afro-American contingent (and most players). Some of the nu-metal they play is too dark, but I'm sure some of the twentysomethings dig it. My preference would be for more melodic hard rock, which I think fits the scene better at a football game. That would probably include some '70s stuff.
  7. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -1

You're right about the different tastes and the melodic hard rock. I don't like the rap or funk or whatever they call it either (showing my age, I know). I always wish that they would run a contest for fans or maybe even professional DJ's to have "Guest DJ's" to liven it up, but then people would complain that it was taking away from the game. I thought the music was much better 5-10 years ago, but maybe that's because I'm getting too old to be relevant!
  8. alamo

alamo praedica numerum! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

The article says:
    Erna tells Launch he hopes to finish the song soon and present it to team owner Jonathan Kraft. "It's something I was working on and I'm continuing to work on but it's not a sealed deal yet so it's just kind of like a little novelty hobby I was throwing around and passing some ideas with Jonathan Kraft on and when I finish it I'll present it to him and if he's into it, he's into it, if he's not, he's not," he said. "It's not a big deal to me but it would be really cool if we ended up nailing something like that."​

So it sounds like it was perhaps his own idea as a Pats fan rather than something the team commissioned... it's premature to forecast Ozzy's demise.