PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

no more ozzy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SeanBruschi54 said:

Because practically every song he does sounds like a football anthem.

If they are getting a new theme song (something I wish on a weekly basis they would), it shouldn't replace Ozzy; it should replace the 1812 Overture as a touchdown song. It does not work at all. You can't dance to it in the stands. Also, I wish they would play more 70's stuff. It would fit the crowd better, and maybe get them to be a bit more frenzied.

PatsDeb said:
If they are getting a new theme song (something I wish on a weekly basis they would), it shouldn't replace Ozzy; it should replace the 1812 Overture as a touchdown song. It does not work at all. You can't dance to it in the stands. Also, I wish they would play more 70's stuff. It would fit the crowd better, and maybe get them to be a bit more frenzied.

It's funny, whenever you get nearly 70,000 people together in the same place the tastes in music will be varied. I personally love the 1812 Overture after touchdowns, I think it's exhilirating. I hate rap, but getting rid of that would alienate the Afro-American contingent (and most players). Some of the nu-metal they play is too dark, but I'm sure some of the twentysomethings dig it. My preference would be for more melodic hard rock, which I think fits the scene better at a football game. That would probably include some '70s stuff.

Tunescribe said:
It's funny, whenever you get nearly 70,000 people together in the same place the tastes in music will be varied. I personally love the 1812 Overture after touchdowns, I think it's exhilirating. I hate rap, but getting rid of that would alienate the Afro-American contingent (and most players). Some of the nu-metal they play is too dark, but I'm sure some of the twentysomethings dig it. My preference would be for more melodic hard rock, which I think fits the scene better at a football game. That would probably include some '70s stuff.

You're right about the different tastes and the melodic hard rock. I don't like the rap or funk or whatever they call it either (showing my age, I know). I always wish that they would run a contest for fans or maybe even professional DJ's to have "Guest DJ's" to liven it up, but then people would complain that it was taking away from the game. I thought the music was much better 5-10 years ago, but maybe that's because I'm getting too old to be relevant!

The article says:
Erna tells Launch he hopes to finish the song soon and present it to team owner Jonathan Kraft. "It's something I was working on and I'm continuing to work on but it's not a sealed deal yet so it's just kind of like a little novelty hobby I was throwing around and passing some ideas with Jonathan Kraft on and when I finish it I'll present it to him and if he's into it, he's into it, if he's not, he's not," he said. "It's not a big deal to me but it would be really cool if we ended up nailing something like that."​

So it sounds like it was perhaps his own idea as a Pats fan rather than something the team commissioned... it's premature to forecast Ozzy's demise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down