PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No more moral victories...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The rest of the games are for real, it is unlikely a 9-7 record will get the Patriots into the playoffs. Realistically they will have to go 4 -2.

The Indy and Jets games were entertaining but now it is go time.

Go Pats

Re: No more moral victories..

Well said. This isn't a rebuilding year. We want to make the playoffs. From here on there are only wins and losses, no "moral" victories.

The rest of the games are for real, it is unlikely a 9-7 record will get the Patriots into the playoffs. Realistically they will have to go 4 -2.

The Indy and Jets games were entertaining but now it is go time.

Go Pats
You're right and 10-6, in and of itself, is no sure thing in terms of nailing a play-off spot. Crunch time is right here.

I disagree, not every season is going to be a Super Bowl season. In fact, with all the injuries, even if we just make the playoffs, I consider that a moral victory. There have been some 9-7 seasons that are chock full of moral victories. The Jet's game was amazing, I'm sad we lost, but the way we came back, the way Cassel & Mayo played, gives me hope for next season and the future. I really didn't expect us to be fighting for first place with all of the injuries, so this is one of the most exciting seasons ever ! I wanna win out too, 12-4 would be more impressive than last year in my opinion, but if we finish 9-7, and out of the playoffs, I'm excited for th future of this team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agree there are no moral victories. There is now very little margin for error. This game next Sunday is enormous. If we lose to Miami, we won't be able to break a tie with either Miami or the Jets (unless the Jets lose to both Miami and Buffalo both at home). Throw in the Colts and we would be in serious trouble.

The thing I'm most concerned about at this point is tie for the last spot with the Colts. I still think the Chargers will win their division one way or another. So for us I think we have to beat Miami and get the Ravens the heck out of there. The Colts don't have to do anything extraordinary to get to 10 wins. And they play Tennessee in week 17 when Tennessee will return the favor to the Colts for tanking in the same spot last year.

IMO this is the year of the upset. so many teams that usually suck got a lot better this year. The fact that the Pats still remain competitive makes this season for me a success.

Patriots moral victories took place a long time ago. Sitting in the rain, watching a 2-8 team in a joke of a stadium playing a 8-2 team and pulling out a win was a moral victory and as I remember, very rewarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back