PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No More Manning Commericals

Status
Not open for further replies.
huskeralk said:
That commercial is a complete ripoff of a scene from Lord of the Rings. If that was just about any other player it would have been pretty cool but Peyton just can't pull off the mean look. He needs to stick to the funny commercials.

That was my thought exactly. That commercial was made for a guy like Urlacher.

Just one more vote in favor of Peyton's commercials. The Gatorade and DirecTV ones don't work because the writers of the ad don't tap into his self-depricating goofiness. The MasterCard and Sprint ones do because he's allowed to make fun of himself indirectly. There's just something about his oafishness that works.

Remember the Sirius commercial with Madden and Brady? The funniest part of that commercial wasn't Brady, but (I think) Deion Branch saying "I thought I was his favorite receiver."

And Brady's Visa commercial was funny because of the linebackers' lines/acting - not Brady.

Brady was, for the most part, funny on SNL. He just needs to have the right roles.

huskeralk said:
What does his playoff record have to do with his marketability? :confused:
If you don't think winning and marketability are directly related, you are mistaken.

QuiGon said:
If you don't think winning and marketability are directly related, you are mistaken.
Well, Manning does plenty of winning. It may not be in the playoffs but that doesn't appear to matter to the average consumer.

I forget where i saw this last year, so apologies if I am misquoting anyone on the board but it was "Three reasons the Patriots will not win the Super Bowl in 2005"

1. Diet Pepsi commercial
2. NFL Network Commercial
3. Visa Commercial

The teams that do the most marketing most often fail to win when it counts. Hopefully there a boatload of Steeleres, Colts and Broncos commercials on the air in the next few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes