PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Mo Romo for Cowboys. QB Done for the season (injured back)

americas-team.jpg

i for once wish no team would come out of that division and the cards would make it...that division sucks...philly is ok

he's something like .400 in december, hes the opposite of brady. when a team needs to have a win romo seems to always be on the short end of the stick

I read somewhere on TV today that the Cowpaddies have the worst record since 2000
(IIRC) in Week 17 games.
Having said that, I feel that Orton actually gives them a better chance v Philly than a
gimpy Romo ever would have given them.

Rodger is much better than Brees and Manning, he and Brady are 1A and 1B in my opinion but either way ranking a guy with a 105.2 career QB rating anything less than 2nd on the list would highlight that his time missed this season has caused people to forget how great Rodgers is. Rodgers has thrown for 4000 yards and had a passer rating of 100+ in 5 of his 6 seasons as a starter and has had 30+ touchdowns and less than 10 interceptions in 4 of his 6 seasons as a starter – he is sensational.

Luck is very talented but in my opinion has yet to live up to the hype he had entering the NFL. His accuracy is not very good with a 54% completion percentage as a rookie and a 59% completion percentage this season. I think people expected Luck to be a gun slinger but to me he is more of a young Roethlisberger.
I think this guy is a top 5 QB in the NFL and a potential MVP candidate, the jury isn’t out in my opinion the verdict is in and Wilson is exceptional. He has a QB rating of over a 100 in both season he has played in the NFL to put that in perspective Brady has a rating over 100.0 a total of 3 times in his career.

Rookie – 252/393, 64.1% completion percentage, 3118 passing yards, 7.93 average, 26 passing touchdowns, 10 interceptions, 100.0 rating, 489 rushing yards, and 4 rushing touchdowns
This season – 242/384, 63.0% completion percentage, 3185 passing yards, 8.29 average, 25 passing touchdowns, 9 interceptions, 101.4 rating, 540 rushing yards, and 1 rushing touchdown (1 regular season game left to play)

If I could have my pick of any QB outside of Brady and Rodgers it would most likely be Russell Wilson.

Really interesting player if he can sustain his current level he could end up being special.

Ryan (after the season he's had)
I would rank Ryan in the same class as Roethlisberger and Rivers he has had a down season but it is still very good – 411/611 for a 67.3% completion percentage, 4235 passing yards, 24 touchdowns and a 89.2 rating; he has thrown 16 interceptions but considering Julio Jones has been out for most the season, Roddy White has been injured basically all season they have no viable running game I would say Ryan’s season has been really good.

I read somewhere on TV today that the Cowpaddies have the worst record since 2000
(IIRC) in Week 17 games.
Having said that, I feel that Orton actually gives them a better chance v Philly than a
gimpy Romo ever would have given them.

I've been trying to tell my coworker that. She's a deluded Cowboys fan, who of course doesn't know much. In today's NFL, where they keep salaries tight, it's rare to have an actual experienced backup. Orton had some pretty good moments and a bunch of starts.

I hope Orton set the state of Texas on fire to see how Jerry will handle this.

How would that change anything? How would "Jerry handle this?"

Romo just signed an enormous (but competitive for a top 10-12 QB) contract in the offseason, meaning that he'd cost the Cowboys something north of 40 million dollars in dead cap money if he didn't stick around.

What could really happen if Orton had a good game, aside from them likely getting creamed in the wild card round to one of SF, NO, Green Bay, etc?

Hell, they expect Kyle Orton to have a decent game when called upon. That's why he's one of the highest paid backups, if not THE highest paid backup in the game. Not many backups get 10.5 million dollar contracts. Nothing would change in the least bit.

I've been trying to tell my coworker that. She's a deluded Cowboys fan, who of course doesn't know much. In today's NFL, where they keep salaries tight, it's rare to have an actual experienced backup. Orton had some pretty good moments and a bunch of starts.

Having been forced to witness their ridiculousness this season, not to mention the past few seasons, I think their goose is cooked vs a hot PHI team come Sunday. That said, I agree entirely with you that Kyle Orton is a capable enough backup to be able to keep them right around the same odds of winning had Romo been in there for various reasons.

One of those reasons is that they may be more likely to give Demarco Murray 20+ carries for a change, as the team is now 11-0 in games where that has happened since he was drafted.

Either way though, I wouldn't exactly bet against Philly come Sunday night.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back