PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Mo Romo for Cowboys. QB Done for the season (injured back)

OT: No Mo Romo for Cowboys. QB Done for the season (injured back)

He did the same stuff when Parcells was running the show.

Jerry was always running the show, and I think Parcells is massively overrated anyway.

Jerry was always running the show, and I think Parcells is massively overrated anyway.

Bill Parcells is a HOF coach, and deservedly so. If Romo can't win with a HOF coach, let's not pretend the problem is the organization. The organization didn't throw 3 INTs in the deciding game last year, just like it didn't blow a routine catch of a long snap when Parcells was the man in charge. Tony Romo did that.

I love romo. The difference between him and Brady IMO is coaching. If he had Sean Peyton and no jerry, he'd have a much better career.

:confused: ooohhh, yaaaa, ummmmm.....I'm gonna have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there (in my best Lumberg voice)

:confused: ooohhh, yaaaa, ummmmm.....I'm gonna have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there (in my best Lumberg voice)

It's a free country

If Dallas were any kind of "real" organization, they'd have continued the Jets/Sanchez method of red light, yellow light, green light. That would easily solve all of the problems with Romo and his receivers.

It's a free country

Yes, and mtbykr is free to agree with your insane post. And, for the record, Romo had Sean Payton for his first two years in the NFL.

Two Things...

1 - Orton isn't exactly a rookie here and the Eagles aren't exactly a dominant defense.....Orton can do what it takes to win this...he is a decent QB when you just want him to manage a game and not have to do it all - if he limits or eliminates mental errors that Romo is known for,then he will do fine.

2 - If you play fantasy football then Demarco Murray is a can't lose player next weekend...he might be 3/4 of the Cowboys offense -expect 40 FTPs from him.

It's a free country

I don't know if it's only the coaching, but as a whole I think that the Dallas Cowboy organization is poorly run in every possible way that one could imagine.

Signings like Doug Free and his 10 million dollar cap hit last year are a perfect example, as is deciding to slap the franchise tag on Anthony Spencer for the 2nd year in a row. Those just aren't the kind of decisions that we'd see for a second around here.

They are currently almost 40 million dollars in the hole cap-wise for next year. They are tremendously undisciplined, too loose, and just don't have a winning attitude.

On top of that, they have a meddling owner who knows and admits that he'll always be that way.

Tony Romo is by no means a great QB, and he has a knack for making gaffes at the worst possible moments, but I do agree that Romo may have progressed a bit more and even now may be different on another team. I think a lot of posters would agree with that thought, or at least find it reasonable.

I'd love to know how much control Parcells actually had behind the scenes when the chips were down, and how much control Jerry Jones gave up in the decision making process. I'd also love to know how often they butted heads, as those 2 strong personalities made the perfect storm for something like that to happen.

2 - If you play fantasy football then Demarco Murray is a can't lose player next weekend...he might be 3/4 of the Cowboys offense -expect 40 FTPs from him.

Maybe...maybe not.

I saw a stat during the game yesterday (I'm forced to watch due to my wife being a die hard fan. She gives me that same respect with the Pats) that said that Dallas was 10-0 when DeMarco Murray runs the ball 20+ times since he was drafted. To me that says that they just don't give him the ball often enough.

It actually took a pleading from him to coach Garrett yesterday to finally allow them to put the team on his shoulders and make a nice comeback. They literally showed Murray practically begging him after they continued to ignore him and were deep into the 4th quarter. They just don't seem to wish to run the ball enough, although that may change next week under the circumstances.

About 95% of all fantasy football leagues are over now by the way. Not being a smartass, just thought I'd point it out. Most don't have any bearing on the week 17 games due to the fact that so many teams sit their star players due to having no reason to play them, so the high majority of leagues start their playoffs in time to avoid week 17. Just FYI.

Maybe...maybe not.

I saw a stat during the game yesterday (I'm forced to watch due to my wife being a die hard fan. She gives me that same respect with the Pats) that said that Dallas was 10-0 when DeMarco Murray runs the ball 20+ times since he was drafted. To me that says that they just don't give him the ball often enough.

It actually took a pleading from him to coach Garrett yesterday to finally allow them to put the team on his shoulders and make a nice comeback. They literally showed Murray practically begging him after they continued to ignore him and were deep into the 4th quarter. They just don't seem to wish to run the ball enough, although that may change next week under the circumstances.

About 95% of all fantasy football leagues are over now by the way. Not being a smartass, just thought I'd point it out. Most don't have any bearing on the week 17 games due to the fact that so many teams sit their star players due to having no reason to play them, so the high majority of leagues start their playoffs in time to avoid week 17. Just FYI.
I bet Fantasy WEEKLY Supafly....in fact daily if you include NBA and NHL and I am in 3 or 4 different sites ...some of which do not even include Orton as an option...yet

I still think Murray is going to be a 40 FPTs guy or close to it...if he doesn't produce then Orton must have a big day as well as Bryant who must grow up and be an Elite WR instead of an inconsistent head case.

I'll take Murray,Witten this week for sure and maybe Randle,Dunbar for some low priced guys to fill the bottom of my roster.

BTW: I rarely use any Pats in my pics to avoid jinxing them :) - and definitely NEVER use any of their opponents players.

I bet Fantasy WEEKLY Supafly....in fact daily if you include NBA and NHL and I am in 3 or 4 different sites ...some of which do not even include Orton as an option...yet

I still think Murray is going to be a 40 FPTs guy or close to it...if he doesn't produce then Orton must have a big day as well as Bryant who must grow up and be an Elite WR instead of an inconsistent head case.

I'll take Murray,Witten this week for sure and maybe Randle,Dunbar for some low priced guys to fill the bottom of my roster.

BTW: I rarely use any Pats in my pics to avoid jinxing them :) - and definitely NEVER use any of their opponents players.

I thought you were referring to the normal fantasy football leagues, as I am not familiar with the weekly betting sites myself. I've done plenty of sportsbetting over the years online, but haven't ventured into the fantasy football aspect of it. I know that my Yahoo league just finished up this week, for the reasons I explained about week 17.

You may be right. Murray be have finally gained the respect that he seems to have earned, and he's really been productive as a whole for the most part when used. I've been leery of the Cowboys chances in another rematch with Philly, who looks terrible tough, especially vs that horrid defense. You could be onto something with the players you have spoken of. Another option is that DAL just won't do very well, and they'll end up only putting 14-17 pts on the board, while allowing 30-35+.

Trolls on this board will say "TRADE BRADY FOR ORTON" :bricks:

So, now it's wrong to want to save another 10+ million dollars so that we could spend it towards the defense?

Kidding...I'm kidding.

i collapsed in the park while i was walking my dog due to disc herniation. it felt like i was stabbed by a hunting knife. and the pain just went downwards and later i couldn't feel my toes.

i couldn't get up. i crawled my way to the neared bench which took me 20 min. worst day of my life for sure.

but it all depends on how bad the herniation is. i also had a mild bulging disc which the pain was tolerable with couple of vicodins.

i collapsed in the park while i was walking my dog due to disc herniation. it felt like i was stabbed by a hunting knife. and the pain just went downwards and later i couldn't feel my toes.

i couldn't get up. i crawled my way to the neared bench which took me 20 min. worst day of my life for sure.

but it all depends on how bad the herniation is. i also had a mild bulging disc which the pain was tolerable with couple of vicodins.

I assumed that the pain would have to be pretty bad to keep someone out in an important game, but I didn't realize that it was quite as bad as you're describing. Wow...that's insane. I had no idea.

When the injury occurred I tried to comfort my wife since she's a lifelong fan by telling her that they'd likely shoot him up with some cortisone shots and painkillers. When I heard the news today the first thing that came to mind was that I somehow jinxed her, LOL.

546192_513572105332161_1947336990_n.jpg

I love romo. The difference between him and Brady IMO is coaching. If he had Sean Peyton and no jerry, he'd have a much better career.

Tony Romo is a Fantasy Football player's dream. All statistics with annual failures in the one statistic that doesn't record in Fantasy Football - wins.

Nobody can claim that he doesn't put up great numbers, or that he does not orchestrate comebacks, but drawing fans into games with the end result of stabbing them in the heart with the dagger of a stupid turnover is nothing like Brady. That has been his MO ever since he mishandled that snap. I don't know how better coaching could change the situational football problem of not throwing bone-headed passes during the final offensive series of the season.

I agree with Deus. Having been around plenty of Romo fans in Texas, it would be very interesting to see what happens if Orton wins this game and leads the Boys into the playoffs. Philly has been sufficiently uneven in performances this season that it is not an impossibility.

If this injury had occurred before the trade deadline, you would have heard Mallett's name being brought up in trade rumors. Jerry loves Arkansas players he's probably the only GM in the league to pony up a 1st rounder & then some for him.

Tony Romo is a Fantasy Football player's dream. All statistics with annual failures in the one statistic that doesn't record in Fantasy Football - wins.

Nobody can claim that he doesn't put up great numbers, or that he does not orchestrate comebacks, but drawing fans into games with the end result of stabbing them in the heart with the dagger of a stupid turnover is nothing like Brady. That has been his MO ever since he mishandled that snap. I don't know how better coaching could change the situational football problem of not throwing bone-headed passes during the final offensive series of the season.

I agree with Deus. Having been around plenty of Romo fans in Texas, it would be very interesting to see what happens if Orton wins this game and leads the Boys into the playoffs. Philly has been sufficiently uneven in performances this season that it is not an impossibility.

It's just my opinion. But some of the situations he's in, he shouldn't be in in the first place. That has to do with the coaching and play calling. Fact is romo can make every throw in the book. He's also around a bunch of clowns. Terell Owens, Roy Williams, dez Bryant. Jerry, Garrett, wade Phillips before them. I can't say that he wouldn't be throwing bone head interceptions but I know he he was coached better, they'd at least try to eliminate them.

As an example, just look at Alex smith. With the right coaching, it's easy to improve.

OT: No Mo Romo for Cowboys. QB Done for the season (injured back)

Yes, and mtbykr is free to agree with your insane post. And, for the record, Romo had Sean Payton for his first two years in the NFL.

I said Payton and no jerry.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back