PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No matter what happens its been a good season

Status
Not open for further replies.
no disrespect to Brady but this team is more than just him. I expected quality play from New England even once Brady went down.

I do agree it has been a good year so far....

No, brady is the heart of this team. Like that fact or not, its true.

Not just a "good" season, but exciting/tense as hell again. The other night my wife commented that last year she thought I had "grown up" because I wasn't screaming at the TV anymore, but now I'm back to yelling like a madman every sunday.

LMAO....your wife too? I watch the games in the basement and my family can still hear me all over the house. Although, I was yelling last year as well.

I agree that this team has done more than I thought possible and has been fun to watch. It is a bit frustrating to know that they could easily have had one or two more wins but what can you do. I can't believe that any team wants to play the Pats in the playoffs.

I was totally bummed after the Steeler's game, but then I asked myself:

QB - Tom Brady - Knee - Out for year
S - Rodney Harrison - Quad - Out for year
LB - Adalius Thomas - Forearm - Out for year
CB - Terrence Wheatley - Wrist - Out for year
S - Tank Williams - Knee - Out for year
LB - Bo Ruud - Ankle - Out for year
LB - Shawn Crable - Shin - Out for year
LB - Kenny Smith - Arm - Out for year
LB - Eric Alexander - Hamstring - Out for year
CB - Jason Webster - Ankle - Out for year
DL - Ty Warren - Groin - Out for year
LB - Tedy Bruschi - Knee - Out for year
NT - Vince Wilfork - Shoulder - Unknown
S - James Sanders - Ribs - Unknown

Can anyone name ONE other team in the whole league which can absorb the kind of injuries Pats have had...and STILL be tied for AFC east lead?

Proud to be a Pats fan!

Exactly!!!! Excellent Post. People going off on Schemes and coaching are totally offbase. You cant lose this type of talent and go 11-2.

Greetings first to all Pats fans all over the world. As you have noticed, i havent posted all season and i find this post best replying to becoz its just what my feelings are about this season. I must say i was quite dissapointed with a few posts not long ago....all doom and gloom from some,, a few questioning the greatest Coach of all time, a few even just giving up on this team ! Well my friends, this season has made me even more proud of being a fan of The Patriots. A true fan will stick through the pain and joy and not take anything granted, because the W, isnt automatic . Whether we make it or not to the playoffs, this has been one fantastic season. The future looks bright with the young players we have, Mayo surely the Def. Rookie of the year. Just cant wait for 2009 . Remainder of the season is going to go right to the last game, and who would have thought that last Sept, after the Kansas game ?!! I didnt, so thankyou B.B and the players, coaches of The New England Patriots for this season. GO PATS. Abdul

Exactly!!!! Excellent Post. People going off on Schemes and coaching are totally offbase. You cant lose this type of talent and go 11-2.

The sad thing is, a play here, a play there, and they'd be 10-3.

Then again, a play here, a play there, and they'd be 6-7.

yeah, I like Cassel a lot man and I hope he gets a great payday in a team/system he is happy to be with.
Yeah... in the *cough* NFC *cough*

LMAO....your wife too? I watch the games in the basement and my family can still hear me all over the house. Although, I was yelling last year as well.
Same here... night games suck because I wake up the whole house. We were killing people so badly last year though that there wasn't much to scream at. This year the insane loud guy is back in the basement with much volume and vulgarity.

I was totally bummed after the Steeler's game, but then I asked myself:

Can anyone name ONE other team in the whole league which can absorb the kind of injuries Pats have had...and STILL be tied for AFC east lead?

Proud to be a Pats fan!
Firstly there are a FEW MORE needed to ve added ro that
do not forget Ryan O'Callahan OL IR as well...OL Barry Stokes IR another OL Anthony Clement who was IRed and ISettlement like Webster OR Oliver Ross PUPED and cut..MORE injuries...as well as others who have been banged up along the way..Jordan...Morris...Light Koppen...Wasjington Aiken Watson Green LSMith Woods Redd LSanders Hobbs Richardson Ventrone Meriwether....It's a LOT of players banged up here and there...

Thx :D.

Olathe, KS? I went to Wichita State.

Last edited:
Ok, updated list:

DL - Vince Redd - Ankle - Unknown
WR - Kelley Washington - Thigh - Unknown
LB - Pierre Woods - Jaw - Unknown
OT - Ryan O'Callaghan - Unknown
OT - Anthony Clement - Unknown
OT - Barry Stokes - Unknown
DE - Kenny Smith - Unknown

sources:
Patriots’ roster in world of hurt - BostonHerald.com
NFL Injuries - CBSSports.com
WalterFootball.com: 2008 NFL Injury Report - Injured Reserve Players

Same qtion: Can anyone name ONE other team in the whole league which can absorb the kind of injuries Pats have had...and STILL be tied for AFC east lead?

Same status: Proud to be a Pats fan!

Last edited:
I completely agree. Even if we miss the Playoffs--and the odds are that we will--this has been a fine year. This team has played tough and mean. When other teams might have starting mailing the season in a few weeks ago, these guys have kept playing every minute of every game. The best example was last week in Seattle.

I know there's nothing to compare with a ring, but if we somehow make the Playoffs, I'll put this year right up there with those seasons in thinking about Bill Belichick's accomplishments. He'll never get the credit for it that he deserves, but if Dungy or another media darling had their team in this situation with comparable injuries, the pundits would be talking about him as Coach of the Year.

It's been a GREAT season as far as I'm concerned. In the BB era I always wondered whether the Patriots backups could be competitive against the rest of the League's starters.

This team has proven to everyone in the League that they absolutely can. After 14 weeks they have exactly the same record as a team that spent $140 million in the offseason and brought in a Hall of Fame QB for example....

That's only increased the hate and jealousy for towards the Patriots from elsewhere in the football world - and I'm LOVIN' IT!

I think it's been entertaining.

Some reason I think BB will not be happy anything short of a SB obviously.

this season was hard to swallow with that SB loss.

I hope we get to experience one more SB victory before Brady retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes