PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Love for Hakeem Nicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with Julian Edelman God Bless him NO PATRIOT WR Scare any Defense in the NFL. If you guys are happy with mediocrity at WR get use to One and Done in the NFL Playoffs.
When was the last time NE was one and done?

I don't understand the problem with signing Hakeem Nicks.

He isn't going to "break the bank" due to two subpar years (after two very good years).

He's 26 years old, and can do everything you expect an "X" receiver to do...he isn't athletically limited at all when he's healthy. He has no problem separating from the best CB's in the NFL.

Go back and watch Hakeem Nicks vs Aqib Talib....you might be surprised.
Nicks was fine multiple times this season for late/missed practices and treatments. No thanks.

But Seattle have a Defense thats unlike no-other and a Great Running Game.

I guess Pats need to upgrade their OL and DL.. which most posters agreed already.

I think we should Break the Bank for this guy he is a proven WR already beat us in a SB. We Drafted his buddy in the Third the same year he came out. I think Nicks would be Super paired with Edelman and Dobson. Until we get Elite players on Offense who can stay Healthy we will NEVER win another forget about winning...make it to another SB. The Time is running out on Tom Brady!

Nicks is not going back to the Giants because there is a mutual dislike over Nicks receiving an enormous amount of fines for being late and missing treatments when injured.
There is just no chance of him coming here.

Nicks was fine multiple times this season for late/missed practices and treatments. No thanks.

I'm sure it isn't something that can't be corrected.

We've fixed a lot worse than that.

Even with Julian Edelman God Bless him NO PATRIOT WR Scare any Defense in the NFL. If you guys are happy with mediocrity at WR get use to One and Done in the NFL Playoffs.

Here's where I am seeing the breakdown in the logic.

1. Happy with situation at WR, yes or no.
2. If answer is no, then WR is priority number one.

It's not a case of being satisfied with the WR position.

It's a case of prioritizing and ranking which positions should be upgraded, and which upgrades will have the most positive impact - without negatively impacting other positions due to the allocation of a limited resource (cap amount per player/position).

I disagree.

There is no bigger need for this offense than an outside the numbers intermediate/deep threat to keep the safeties honest. NONE BIGGER.

Nicks is going to likely take a one or two year prove it deal....he won't cost

They just drafted someone to be this guy.

I'd love Nicks if the price was cheap.

Coming off back to back disappointing seasons, struggling to stay healthy and possibly loosing a step I just don't see the appeal

Nicks was battling injuries last year. When healthy, he's phenomenal. I would take him or Sanders, easily. That said, Sanders may have an easier time coming into the system than Nicks would.

The only receivers who have come into "the system" and not been called morons have been WW, Moss, and Amendola.
Every other outsider who came to us was not worthy of Tom's trust.
I am content with a healthy version of our young wideouts plus TJ Moe and Amendola and hopefully Edelman heading into next season.
I would rather get better on defense and bring in younger talent to control the LOS.

True.

But they haven't been....I guess we can wait and hope for the best.

Honestly I think having tight ends not named Gronkowski capable of doing anything in the passing game will make a huge difference.

That fluff article didn't make me feel any better about it. All it says is being on time is not important, and I as well as his employer, and I'm sure Mr. Belechick, disagree.

By all accounts he put Spikes on IR with the play-offs on the line for the same reason, I'm sure he will go right out and sign a guy who has the same disregard for team expectations.

By all accounts he put Spikes on IR with the play-offs on the line for the same reason, I'm sure he will go right out and sign a guy who has the same disregard for team expectations.

I think in Belichick's time here he's proven to be aware of each "individual's" particular situation.

The fact is we only know half of anything we hear from the media concerning a player/prospect-- at best.

Nicks hasn't gotten into any trouble with the law and was a standout player in 2010 & 2011 with no reports of him being late, is only 26 years old, and we'll likely see that his market isn't huge. At the right price he's worth the gamble especially if Edelman walks.

True.

But they haven't been....I guess we can wait and hope for the best.

Please.......

1) 5 Yr. Veteran Hakeem Nicks playing with a QB he has developed rapport with for 5 years:
Rec: 56 TD; 0

2) Rookie Aaron Dobson playing in a completely new system
Rec: 37 TD: 4

3) Rookie Kenbrell Thompkins playing in a completely new system
Rec: 32 TD: 4

As BB and anyone else with even a passing knowledge of the NFL has said - - the leap from 1st -2nd year tends to be the biggest.

Anyone who wants the Patriots to "break the bank" for Nicks is simply crazy or a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back