Welcome to PatsFans.com

No Liberty @ Liberty University Drop Democrat Club..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, May 23, 2009.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +429 / 12 / -26

certainly their right, but this Dem Club also did not endorse abortion or gay rights.. read this somewhere else.. so all those who leave Liberty U will now have to be republicans.. their loss. Guess you cannot be a democrat and a christian.. the polarization continues as does the exclusion of anyone who does not agree..

While Liberty U will rail against these single focus issues they give a pass on the death penalty, or on the war in Iraq, which has killed more than its share of innocent civillians, including children? Their silence is obvious.

Guess hate crimes against gays are ok.. some folks are more importan than others :confused3:

The Gaggle : Liberty University Bans Democrat Club

2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It ain't no "Hate crime" if it's wrong behavior that's being rejected. Nice try at smearing the messenger, though. The last refuge of a losing cause.

//

3. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +429 / 12 / -26

So if I contend that the Unification Church is fraudulent by saying it was ok for its leader to engage in pikarume and cheating on his taxes.. both wrong behavior, that is ok.

How does this become a bad thing there, but you do not allow here?? Situtional ethics once again.

4. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +429 / 12 / -26

Did they do Pikarume in Sodom and Gommorah or Tax Cheating??.. oh I forget how this works now, if a man inserts his penis into a maiden for vaginal cleansing that is ok???? Or maybe it is god's way..

Last edited: May 23, 2009
  5. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

No, if YOU contend those things -- and you are FALSELY accusing -- then it is YOU who are committing the crime. Which, in this case, you would be/are doing if you make such claims.

Otoh, if a kind of illicit/immoral/unnatural practice is countenanced by a society or nation, then EVERYBODY will suffer. The Biblical account of Sodom and Gomorrah is not a fairy tale. Those were real cities with real people who suffered a very real and horrible ending .... all because they thought they were above the natural order of creation and said they didn't care about God's way. Some lessons are learned with unnecessary suffering and hardship. Doesn't have to be that way.

AND, even if someone else were to commit a wrong, that does not give anyone else the privilege to commit their own wrongs. Two wrongs don't make a right.

//

6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +429 / 12 / -26

If you post the same thing twice does it become more valid??

7. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Never happened with anybody I know. So you are simply spreading falsehoods about people you don't know. That's YOUR bad. .... For which you shall be held accountable.

//

8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +429 / 12 / -26

According to FBI records it did happen.. he even got a woman pregnant, it was so repulsive his first wife divorced him.. when university professors start seducing students it is not about sex, but power.. some compare it to rape..

9. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Show me those "FBI records". Notarized.

Or admit you are simply talking out of your anal sphincter, as usual.

//

10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +429 / 12 / -26

Yea I am gonna get FBI records notarized, even if I did and had witnesses you are so convinced that this man did nothing wrong you would never believe it even if the women testified.. anal sphincter.. there is more than one "spincter"??

11. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You'd be the expert on sphincters, for sure.

So, in other words, you have no FBI records to show, which means then you are lying out your ass. Just as we all assumed.

The persona you have chosen gets darker and slimier by the minute. Such a shame.

//

12. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The Dem Club is still allowed to meet and organize on campus, they are just not allowed to use the Liberty name anymore. My son just finished his freshmen year of college at Liberty. It's a great institution.

13. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So there we go. Yes, I've heard it's a fine institution, a much higher moral standard than so many colleges/universities of today.

//

Last edited: May 23, 2009
  14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +429 / 12 / -26

You cannot even believe that he was a convicted tax cheat, these proceeding took under the executive branch of government while Reagan was president and he chose not to appeal.. so why even bother. If I produced the truth, than all you would do is tapdance and/or excuse his behavior.. you can't handle the truth.

15. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It's not just ME who does not believe he was ever a "tax cheat", it's what Orrin Hatch (Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee at the time), some 33 other Amicus Curiae petitioners, and literally THOUSANDS of clergy, academics, and other leaders across America and all over the world believe:

What Religious Scholars say about Rev. Sun Myung Moon
    Rev. Sun Myung Moon, What Religious Leaders Say about Rev. Moon
    What Heads of State and Political Leaders Say About Rev. Moon
    What Scholars Say About Rev. Moon

I already explained why he did not and will not appeal: he does not beg. He paid a price for *our* ignorance and bigotry, NOT for anything he did wrong. What he was accused of doing -- not paying taxes on a "pastor's account", an account for primarily church activities, and is thus non-taxable under federal law -- is exactly what almost every other pastor or synagogue leader had been doing for at least a hundred years. Ask any church leader how they all changed from this practice because of the Rev. Moon case: black churches, white churches, all kinds of religious groups. Which is where the Amici briefs came from.

Somebody in this conversation may be having a hard time accepting the truth, but it is not me.

//

16. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +429 / 12 / -26

He denies himself his constitutional rights and abilty to clear his name because he does not beg?? Oh I forgot begging is for the Uni young'uns it will teach them humility..

:idontgetit::idontgetit::idontgetit:

17. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Another nonsequitur. "Begging" Unis??? Did you get that from ihatenewreligions.com???

Anywho, anybody who wants to know more about Father Moon has a good start with the references I've given. Just remember folks: new religious leaders ALWAYS run into fire-storms by the establishment, status quo loving elites of their ages. Goes with the territory. But here's the good part: in the end they are ACCEPTED and insults paid for by those who committed them.

//

18. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hey Sphincter- here's your bleeping FBI files!

http://www.rickross.com/reference/unif/FBI_File_UnificationChurch_1967-1988.pdf

19. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +175 / 5 / -1

#91 Jersey

New religious leader? Con Man Moon has been around for forty or more years, hes as old as dirt, how is he NEW?

20. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Compared with the established religions it's new...