PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No letting up on the throttle this weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Whereas typically Belichick will ease up at the end of a one-sided game, and whereas he'll still be conservative/careful once the game is in hand, look for BB, Brady, et al, to keep going once we pass 30 points. Not to "show" anyone anything, that will never be his style, but to send his own team a message, to establish that they are a force to be reckoned with and to make it clear that, Branch or no, this offense is capable of big things.

At least I hope it is, and I hope he does that.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised either. Maybe its a message to Branch or just seeing what this team is capable of. 30 point MOV would be a beautiful thing.

Belichick would never do this. If they continue to open up after scoring over 30, it will be because the other team has like 27.

This offense is very confident already, I'm sure.

BB doesn't need to send a message like that if it comes at the expense of good sportsmanship.

NEM said:
The NEM offense would be to open in a no huddle, keeping a man in the backfield to give them something to think about, and the use of a lot of red zone play action.
NEM... this is a faulty plan. We need some slant patterns and crossing routes in there.

Yessir.:rocker:

No need to run up the score. If the offense can score 21 in the 1st half, then it has proven all it needs to prove. After that, the best thing to do it to run down the clock with some power running and some well timed short passes.

This offense has shown that it can score 24-30 points and still look dominant.

stinkypete said:
No need to run up the score. If the offense can score 21 in the 1st half, then it has proven all it needs to prove. After that, the best thing to do it to run down the clock with some power running and some well timed short passes.

This offense has shown that it can score 24-30 points and still look dominant.

I disagree.I think we need to come out foaming at the mouth and not let up.I feel like its time for a patriots offense to put up 40-50 points and play smashmout balls out offense.We have so much firepower if we look at the offense as a whole unit.With or without a number one reciever.We shall persevere.

Okay Chief... 40-50? Take it easy... I'd bet the under.

Last edited:
I think we play smashmouth and dominate early.

I don't see us running up the score, but I wouldn't be surprised we pass with the lead just to get some work in.

Onthe other hand, let's not get full of ourselves.

The Bills have a lot to prove with the new regime. They'll be motivated.

I will be happy if we stuff McGahee though. That's key to me.

patsox23 said:
Whereas typically Belichick will ease up at the end of a one-sided game, and whereas he'll still be conservative/careful once the game is in hand, look for BB, Brady, et al, to keep going once we pass 30 points. Not to "show" anyone anything, that will never be his style, but to send his own team a message, to establish that they are a force to be reckoned with and to make it clear that, Branch or no, this offense is capable of big things.

At least I hope it is, and I hope he does that.

There's nothing saying we'll even have the opportunity to do this. Lets not get aead of ourselves here.

zippo59 said:
There's nothing saying we'll even have the opportunity to do this. Lets not get aead of ourselves here.

Fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back