Welcome to PatsFans.com

No income tax for 3-4 years.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by NEPatriot, Feb 24, 2010.

1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +629 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

Let me know how that works out for those people in Tracy, ok?

3. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

OK.Paying 300 dollars to call for 911 is bad. I thought that the service is always FREE but you can't count on it when the state is not doing well.

4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +629 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

You can't count on it when people are screaming that not only do they not want their taxes raised but that they don't even want to pay the taxes they are currently paying.

This whole "listen to us, we the people who don't want to pay taxes and are threatening revolutiion, you broken-government-leaders" is going to lead to more and more budget cuts in things like 911 and police and fire services as more and more politicians are scared into whimpering submission.

Part of the reason we're in such a fine mess is because Bush lowered teaxes for the people who could most afford to pay them - the rich - and thus we lost countless millions/billions in possible revenue which ther est of us "little guys" now have to make up for.

I think it's a shame that the middle class guy almost always chooses to identify with the rich rather than the poor when it comes to taxation issues. We don't scream when the rich get tax breaks but we do scream to high heaven when we think "our" tax dollars are subsidizing the less fortunate when the fact is, when tax dollars get short, the programs that only the rich can afford to lose (such as free 911 calls) are the first things to go.

5. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Obama can spend 1 billion dollars to build the most expensive US embassy in the world but he can't spend this amount to save the emergency service. Obama got 60 votes and spent billion dollars to buy his friends' votes but he still didn't get anything done.

Obama got his prioprity wrong.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  6. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

WE ALREADY PAY FOR 911 SERVICE!

That's what they aren't telling you, every little tax that's gets added to your phone bill GOES TO 911 Service.

It's NOT FREE!

Your already paying for it, and they simply want more money!

First we need to tax you to provide this service, then we need to charge you if you want to use it...

I see a GREAT opportunity for Private Sector Emergency Response Services. Pay me 50.00 a month, and you call me in an emergency, I'll come save you from violence, and our on staff paramedics will provide all basic health response, and NO Ambulance charges if you do require the need for US to rush you to the hospital.

7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +629 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

Say what?????

8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +629 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

Already being done - and it's more expensive than city provided services and not nearly as well staffed.

Very few private ambulances are staffed with paramedics, who are trained in advanced life support and thus are also able to insert intravenous lines, operate electrocardiographs and some medications, and defibrillate irregular heartbeats. About 30 percent of Emergency Medical Services ambulances carry paramedics.

Private ambulance rates are not regulated, and their structure generally includes a base rate, a mileage charge, charges for additional care, and night and weekend surcharges. E.M.S. charges a flat fee of $160 for basic life-support vehicles and $214 for advanced life-support ambulances. Private services have base rates of about $150 to $175, plus $4 or $5 a mile, Mr. Ruggiero said.

PRIVATE AMBULANCES - WHEN TO USE THEM - NYTimes.com

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +563 / 15 / -29

Next time your phone bill comes in and read it closely, there is a 911 service charge already included..

Just realized why I do not watch network news, that scroll at the bottom is maddening..