Welcome to PatsFans.com

No hurricanes this year - coincidence..?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Sep 22, 2006.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As I am sure you are all aware, there have been no hurricanes to hit the U.S. thus far this year, and I believe only one hurricane actually formed in the Atlantic. Is this a coincidence, or is this another part of the GOP's insidious plot to dominate another election year...?

2. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The question isn't whether the GOP is manipulating the whether, but would they manipulate the weather in an election year if they had the technology? You bet!

3. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes and if we had such technology, would we also manipulate the weather during non-election years to the betterment of the country...? You bet!

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

In the summer of 2008 GW Bush & his Mother have made plans for MT WASHINGTON in New Hampshire to erupt and cause a Volcano killing thousands of "Minority's" for as far away as Cambridge Ma and Boston.
    :bricks:

5. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

This conversation reminds me of an episode of Get Smart, but let's just agree that if human kind - regardless of political party - gets the ability to control the weather, we're all ****ed.

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

You can say that again.
    :rocker:

7. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Well said, you have my permission not to use the Stupid Harry Boy signature for the rest of the day. You're on good behavior parole with Nancy Pelosi.

8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +537 / 6 / -2

What I find comical about the hurricaine bit is the lack of Global Warming speak. Last year the world was about to come to an end, and all the SUV driving enviro-nazi's, and the so called "experts", were ranting about how this season was supposed to be the worst in histroy. Too funny. I love how each side fear mongers all the time, then *****s about the other doing it. Remember Al Bore? Where's he been this hurricaine season? On the beach in Miami maybe?

9. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

What I find comical is the fact that since People Magazine and Dateline haven't done any speaking about Global Warming of late, you think that no one is talking about it.

10. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -13

;) What I am waiting to hear is how domesticated primates are responsible for the melting of the Martian Polar caps and the formation of another 'red spot' on Jupiter. :D

11. Real World

Ratings:
    +537 / 6 / -2

Or better yet, how the polar ice caps on Mars have been melting. Hmmm....not sure they're driving Yugo's on Mars.

Martian Ice Shrinking Dramatically

According to a September 20 NASA news release, "for three Mars summers in a row, deposits of frozen carbon dioxide near Mars' south pole have shrunk from the previous year's size, suggesting a climate change in progress." Because a Martian year is approximately twice as long as an Earth year, the shrinking of the Martian polar ice cap has been ongoing for at least six Earth years.

The shrinking is substantial. According to Michael Malin, principal investigator for the Mars Orbiter Camera, the polar ice cap is shrinking at "a prodigious rate."

"The images, documenting changes from 1999 to 2005, suggest the climate on Mars is presently warmer, and perhaps getting warmer still, than it was several decades or centuries ago," reported Yahoo News on September 20.

http://www.heartland.org/Article.cfm?artId=17977

12. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wow. It's almost like the sun is undergoing a cycle where it is putting out more energy causing some warming on the planet Earth as well as our "earth-like" neighbor next door.

And to think some idiots believe this whole situation is caused by people driving cars.... :rofl:

13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Liberal Batty Democrats Don't Cause Hurricanes Neo Cons Do That.

Put the Dingobats back in power and there will never be another Hurricane.

Vote "Dingobat" No More Hurricanes, They Will Create A New Tax Called "Hurricane Tax" It Will Protect Poor People From Hurricanes, The Winds Will Go Around Them And Leave Them Untouched, "PRAISE JESUS"
    :bricks:

14. Real World

Ratings:
    +537 / 6 / -2

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm 100% supportive of the environment, and clean air regulations that preserve and protect the planet where we live. Obviously, the creations of mankind, be it cars, factories, chemicals, nukes, etc...hurt the environment. They do need to be held in check. Where I disagree with the Enviro-Nazi's is that Global Warming is factual science. That it is 100% man made, and that we need to start banning automobiles before the world comes to an end. That is BS. For every scientist that says we've caused it, there's another that says it's the opposite. Clearly, a 10,50, or 100 year cycle of temperature is not enough to guage hundreds of millions of years of planetary existence. I think the Nazi's go way too far with the fear mongering on this subject. Just my 2 cents.