PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NO HD in 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

godef

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I was hoping to upgrade my copy of Super Bowl XXXVIII vs Carolina with a widescreen version off NFL Network, and to my disappointment, their showing it in SD. I can't believe CBS didn't have HD by early 2004 and use it to show possibly their biggest program in 3 years. What's up with that? Is the NFL Network being stinkers?

I was hoping to upgrade my copy of Super Bowl XXXVIII vs Carolina with a widescreen version off NFL Network, and to my disappointment, their showing it in SD. I can't believe CBS didn't have HD by early 2004 and use it to show possibly their biggest program in 3 years. What's up with that? Is the NFL Network being stinkers?

They probably didn't shoot the footage in HD. It would have to be transfered to another tape and converted to HD. Not impossible just time consuming and costly.

It's NFL Network. CBS did broadcast the game in HD. I have a HD copy of the game on my HDD.

NFL Network usually rebroadcasts games in HD, such as their Replay games some of which were originally aired on CBS/FOX. The replay of Pats/Colts was on HD. I'm watching XXXVIII in standard def because I hate the 4:3 ratio that non-HD program go in on HD channels.

Last edited:
It's NFL Network. CBS did broadcast the game in HD. I have a HD copy of the game on my HDD.

Well, put it on Limewire so we can download it off you!

Well, put it on Limewire so we can download it off you!

May be in the offseason :p I have it as the original transport stream - so it stands at a whopping 24 GB. I will need to re-encode it as MP4 and share.

They probably didn't shoot the footage in HD. It would have to be transfered to another tape and converted to HD. Not impossible just time consuming and costly.
Well, that answers my question in a backhand way, that no, it wasn't shot in HD. But I know I viewed Super Bowl XXXIX in HD just a year later, and it seems HD has been around since before 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes