PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Haynesworth against the G-Men [edit: Pats and Jets fans discuss Sanchez]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: No Haynesworth against the G-Men

Let's for the sake of argument say Brady sucked his last three playoff games so I don't have to get the numbers. Most of the media and public have said as much. Now exactly how does that change whether Sanchez has been inconsistent in the playoffs. Comparing Sanchez's last post season's performances vs. Brady's last three post season performances says nothing to how good Sanchez's performances were other than they were better than Brady's. Let's compare Sanchez's last three post season games vs. Aaron Rodgers' last three. It is just as relevant.

We don't have to say it in the form of hypothesis, because it was true, and what it means that QB's often have inconsistencies in the playoffs, even the best QB's in the game, it's the time of the year when the stakes are the highest, the pressure is paramount, teams are playing at their best, and winning is the only thing that matters. You for some reason decided to breakdown Sanchez' performance and suggest that it means he's overrated and doesn't have elite potential, which is dumb. I bring Brady into the discussion to provide proof of exactly that, it also further validates my claim when you factor the stage of their careers.

The greatest thing about you is that you continue to "prove me wrong" without actually proving me wrong. Losing arguments and claiming you proved me wrong doesn't actually qualify as proving me wrong.

I haven't lost any argument, and you refuse to provide a counter that has substance, still waiting for those numbers btw...

Last edited:

Congrats to JetFan1, who was able to hijack the thread and turn it into Jets/Patriots beginning all the way back at post #7.

That's quality trolling.

He was the 3rd highest rated QB in the playoffs last year, he had nearly 700 yds passing, 5 TD's, and 1 INT, with a QB rating of near 100.

Actually 616 yards (not nearly 700) and a 94.3 rating (not near 100)

By your measure Brady had nearly 800 yards passing (716), 5 TDs, 4 Ints, and a rating near 85 (79.7) in the three games.

Brady was terrible in the Ravens game but he was decent against the Jets and Giants. (299 yards against the Jets, 266 against the Giants, 3 TDs/1 Int, 58/93 for a 62% completion percentage in the two games). He threw for more yards in both those games than Sanchez has ever thrown in the playoffs.

Congrats to JetFan1, who was able to hijack the thread and turn it into Jets/Patriots beginning all the way back at post #7.

That's quality trolling.

Maybe he got confused because they are both New York named teams but they play in New Jersey. Could be just too much for their minds to handle.

JetFan1, is there any value to a playoff win if you dont win the SB? NO.
sanchez can win at least one playoff game in his entire career, when you dont win the SB it's nothing, it dosnt worth it.

the main target is to win a SB, why the comparison between brady and sanchez is taking place? if sanchez was winning a SB ill give you that, but he didnt, those playoff wins can go down the toilet. who cares about playoff if you dont get to win eventually?
i tell you who cares, losers.

and to show you that im not that biasd, i think that brady's 2010 season was unbelievble, but it was anygood for our superbowl chances? NO. i dont care if brady throws a 36-4 TD-INT ratio or a 36-9 ratio if we dont win the SB, its all the same for me.

Last edited:

I take the angle that you don't know what you are talking about because you don't know what you are talking about. Being a Jets fans adds the convience of realizing why it's true.

Here's the reality, you really have nothing to offer to this conversation, you're only interest is to thump your chest and spew arrogance.

Sport.

By your measure Brady had nearly 800 yards passing (716), 5 TDs, 4 Ints, and a rating near 85 (79.7) in the three games.

Brady was terrible in the Ravens game but he was decent against the Jets and Giants. (299 yards against the Jets, 266 against the Giants, 3 TDs/1 Int, 58/93 for a 62% completion percentage in the two games). He threw for more yards in both those games than Sanchez has ever thrown in the playoffs.

Except for the slight dramatization of my estimates, which was still correct, thank you for proving my point. Though, the subtle jab with more passing yardage doesn't mean squat.

We don't have to say it in the form of hypothesis, because it was true, and what it means that QB's often have inconsistencies in the playoffs, even the best QB's in the game, it's the time of the year when the stakes are the highest, the pressure is paramount, teams are playing at their best, and winning is the only thing that matters. You for some reason decided to breakdown Sanchez' performance and suggest that it means he's overrated and doesn't have elite potential, which is dumb. I bring Brady into the discussion to provide proof of exactly that, it also further validates my claim when you factor the stage of their careers.

I haven't lost any argument, and you refuse to provide a counter that has substance, still waiting for those numbers btw...

Here is your irrelevant stats just to shut you up:

Brady vs. the Jets 29 for 45 (64.4%) 299 yards, 2 TDs, and 1 INT (actually looks like a decent game if you look at just the stats)

Brady vs. the Ravens 23 for 42 (54.8%) for 154 yards, 2 TDs, and 3 INTs.

Brady vs. the Giants - 29 for 48 (60.4%) for 264 yards, 1 TD, and 0 TDs.

Looking at these stats, I have a new perspective. You are right, this now makes me think Sanchez's post season performance is vastly underrated. :rolleyes:

Seriously, you can try to spin it any way you want, but it is universally believed that Brady has not been good in the playoffs in the last few years. So if Sanchez has better stats, it only says that he has sucked less than Brady.

In fact in their last 3 playoff games, Brady has virtually the same completion percentage as Sanchez (60% vs. 60.7%), the same number of TDs (5), and more yards (719 vs. 616) than Sanchez. The only area that Sanchez has a clear advantage is # of INTs (1 vs. 4). It is generally understood that the last three playoff games for Brady have been bad. Further proof that Sanchez' playoff appearances are overrated.

Mission accomplished! You got me to post the stats while proving nothing in the effort. In fact, you helped to support my argument.

It's time for us to get back on topic. What you have proved today that you should quit while you are behind.

Last edited:

That's quality trolling.

Hey, give him credit. This is the longest he has been whipped by me without either calling me a "homer clown" or telling me to GFY. I'm kinda proud of him that he has actually behaved in this thread. If this was JI, he would have totally nuked the thread with vile crap, homophobic rants, and juvenile insults. Granted, he knows he will get banned for that crap on this board.

Last edited:

SSSSSSHHHHHHH! Don't let facts get in the way of a good argument.

I started to read this post..and then looked up and saw it was from a Jets fan..so it probably is worthless.

Except for the slight dramatization of my estimates, which was still correct, thank you for proving my point. Though, the subtle jab with more passing yardage doesn't mean squat.

The passing yards do mean something. They show that he really didn't do all that much in the wins.

Sanchez has never thrown for 200 yards in a playoff game the Jets won. He had passer ratings in the low 60s in two of his four playoff wins. How often can an NFL team win when their QB doesn't pass for 200 yards? Not much in today's NFL.

The Jets have won playoff games because their defense has been awesome, their running game has been very good, and Sanchez has been ok. Don't confuse that with Sanchez being a great QB.

Now maybe Sanchez does turn into a great QB but I don't think his playoff performance tells us all that much one way or the other.

Last edited:

Here's the reality, you really have nothing to offer to this conversation, you're only interest is to thump your chest and spew arrogance.

Sport.

I take it that's jestspeak for, " you talk so far over my head, I'm getting schooled."

I started to read this post..and then looked up and saw it was from a Jets fan..so it probably is worthless.

I take it there's no open spots over at gang green. Everybody celebrating the past 2 SB wins and all...

I don't mean to go off topic but what's the latest on Haynesworth? Is he definitely out tomorrow night?:confused2:

I need to see some Pats football soon. That Detroit game is still making me dry heave.

Are we really discussing Brady vs Sanchez? One has lost to the Jets defense, and the Ravens. The other has beaten the likes of Cincy, SD, Indy x2, NE. He played well against one good defense (Steelers).

Hey, give him credit. This is the longest he has been whipped by me without either calling me a "homer clown" or telling me to GFY. I'm kinda proud of him that he has actually behaved in this thread. If this was JI, he would have totally nuked the thread with vile crap, homophobic rants, and juvenile insults. Granted, he knows he will get banned for that crap on this board.

Whipped by you?

I've only exposed you for who you are and the BS you spew on your own board.

The "red herring" spin was your best one yet.

I don't mean to go off topic but what's the latest on Haynesworth? Is he definitely out tomorrow night?:confused2:

I need to see some Pats football soon. That Detroit game is still making me dry heave.

I think he is out.

How original... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back