PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Haynesworth against the G-Men [edit: Pats and Jets fans discuss Sanchez]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: No Haynesworth against the G-Men

What exactly is "out of Patriot shape?" Is that some kind of special super power shape as compared with the rest of the league?

While it's obvious he isn't ready to play because of his conditioning, maybe it is injury related, or his knee is a lot worse than perceived, he did have a chronic knee condition flare up in Washington.

It's also reasonable to think he basically let himself go in Wash to get released, and the Pats are doing the smart thing and trying to bring him back slowly.

The question is, does he have enough left to warrant the special attention, when the rest of the team is busting their ass to get ready for the season?

You are an IDIOT. Why do you come on here and make comments? I wouldn't waste my time in the Joke Messeage boards of Ganggreen and JetsInsider. I go their if some 1 references the idiot JET remarks that make me LOLxD The thread has been :hijacked:by an Imbecile. I love you JET fans that drink the KOOL-AID b/c it is funny to me when you all think you have this swagger, but you LACK it in every respect.
I love Mark Sanchez and how inaccurate he is:) Most of his teams pre-season yardage has been b/c of special-team returns from cromartie and awful interceptions by the extremely overrated "I think I am Top 5" Eli Manning:bricks::bricks::bricks:

You are an IDIOT. Why do you come on here and make comments? I wouldn't waste my time in the Joke Messeage boards of Ganggreen and JetsInsider. I go their if some 1 references the idiot JET remarks that make me LOLxD The thread has been :hijacked:by an Imbecile. I love you JET fans that drink the KOOL-AID b/c it is funny to me when you all think you have this swagger, but you LACK it in every respect.
I love Mark Sanchez and how inaccurate he is:) Most of his teams pre-season yardage has been b/c of special-team returns from cromartie and awful interceptions by the extremely overrated "I think I am Top 5" Eli Manning:bricks::bricks::bricks:

An unprovoked personal attack? If I do that, I get banned.

Why am I an idiot? Am I wrong?

I can't come here, this isn't a public board? I posted to talk football, I didn't insult anybody, I'm not here trolling, it's an interesting topic.

Afraid of the perspective from a rival fan?

As for drinking the kool-aid, why shouldn't I? Have the Jets not been a relatively successful team the last couple of years? Don't I as a Jets fan have a lot to be excited about? I know you don't want to hear it, or believe it, but that doesn't make it untrue.

As for Sanchez, nice spin. Why do Pats fans hate Sanchez so much, is it because he is a thread to Brady and his throne as the division's best QB?

He's a good young QB who is getting better, whose upside is unlimited, and has achieved a lot, early in his young career, he could very well take that throne, why do Pats fans get all obnoxious about this?

He's a good young QB who is getting better, whose upside is unlimited, and has achieved a lot, early in his young career, he could very well take that throne, why do Pats fans get all obnoxious about this?

No imagine if I posted:

"The Patriots defense is a good young defense that is getting better and their upside is unlimited. They could very well take the throne from the Jets as far as best defense in the division. Why do Jets fans get all obnoxious about this?"

over on Gang Green.

Why do Pats fans hate Sanchez so much, is it because he is a thread to Brady and his throne as the division's best QB?

HAHA Sanchez couldn't hold Bradys jock

As for Sanchez, nice spin. Why do Pats fans hate Sanchez so much, is it because he is a thread to Brady and his throne as the division's best QB?

Sanchez was the second worst starting QB in the league as a rookie, ahead of only JaMarcus Russell. Last season, in a very down year for the bottom tier QBs, Sanchez was still in the bottom 10. Calling him a good young QB is taking liberties many don't accept.

That doesn't mean they are being obnoxious. It means that they aren't buying into the hype.

Paging Joker!

No imagine if I posted:

"The Patriots defense is a good young defense that is getting better and their upside is unlimited. They could very well take the throne from the Jets as far as best defense in the division. Why do Jets fans get all obnoxious about this?"

over on Gang Green.

I don't know, I don't post at ganggreen.com

Sanchez was the second worst starting QB in the league as a rookie, ahead of only JaMarcus Russell. Last season, in a very down year for the bottom tier QBs, Sanchez was still in the bottom 10. Calling him a good young QB is taking liberties many don't accept.

That doesn't mean they are being obnoxious. It means that they aren't buying into the hype.

This is the convenient spin.

He was a rookie, most rookie QB's are inconsistent and struggle. Sanchez though showed right away he was a starter, and was put into a starting role right away. He improved as the year progressed and played his best in the playoffs. Same with last year, and performed even better in the playoffs.

You can hold on to stats to maintain your denial all you want, but a young QB, after 2 years, winning 4 playoff games, that is quite an accomplishment, especially in his performances last year. He has shown plenty at such a young stage in his career, he has performed better than some of the best in the history of the game at their respective points in their career, but Pats fans refuse to accept it.

Anyway, I'm not the one derailing this thread with the mud slinging....

just got back online from the storm...thanx for the shout Ninja

I see Ray Ray 19 is going full blown green bananas again...

did you see what I did there??? "green" bananas? that's why they pay me the big change...I'll be here all week...try the Peeking Duck

Last edited:

goalie.gif

This is the convenient spin.

He was a rookie, most rookie QB's are inconsistent and struggle. Sanchez though showed right away he was a starter, and was put into a starting role right away. He improved as the year progressed and played his best in the playoffs. Same with last year, and performed even better in the playoffs.

You can hold on to stats to maintain your denial all you want, but a young QB, after 2 years, winning 4 playoff games, that is quite an accomplishment, especially in his performances last year. He has shown plenty at such a young stage in his career, he has performed better than some of the best in the history of the game at their respective points in their career, but Pats fans refuse to accept it.

Anyway, I'm not the one derailing this thread with the mud slinging....

It's not spin at all. He's been a lousy quarterback. What's happening is that you're trying to cherry pick (playoffs, some of best ever...), whereas I'm just objectively noting what's happened. If you only count the last 1/3 of 2007, Eli Manning's a pretty damned good QB who's borderline elite. If you take his whole career, though, and not just his one run to glory, he's been a mediocrity.

Well, it's the same with Sanchez. When you take away the cherry picking and talk about his entire tenure, to this point in his career, he's been a lousy QB.

Last edited:

He is clutch though and plays his best ball in the playoffs. Have to give him credit for that. Not an elite qb but you can win with him.

The Jets piling on about AH not playing is ludicrous. IMO, AH has to only play in 3 games to earn his seasons' pay. Two regular season games and the 2nd playoff game. I suggest he play the Bob Sanders/ Indy defensive role and only suit up for NE to torment Maroney. Obviously, however, AH's victim won't be a RB but a QB. Anything else he does is gravy.

only suit up for NE to torment Maroney

Is he going to do it through the TV at LM? Because he will be sitting on his arse for the season!

Not sure why you felt the need to add the barb and spin of 43 years,
This is a team fan forum. I'm willing to give you big odds that the comment above is extremely mild in comparison to what is said about opposing teams in nearly any and every other team fan forum on the internet.

Anyway, I'm not the one derailing this thread.
Seriously? Actually, that's pretty much exactly what you accomplished when you said this in a thread that had been about Albert Haynesworth:

What exactly is "out of Patriot shape?"

Is he going to do it through the TV at LM? Because he will be sitting on his arse for the season!

Referring to the season Sanders sat out most of the season except when the Colts played NE, once in the regular season and again in the playoffs. If you remember his matchups with Maroney, you'll realize that Sanders was the one who turned Maroney out. After that flying hit in the hole, Maroney became a "Dancing with the Stars" candidate.

Last edited:

How does he know Albert isn't playing? He makes no case for it except by citing Moss. He doesn't even say "a source told me".

He is clutch though and plays his best ball in the playoffs. Have to give him credit for that. Not an elite qb but you can win with him.

The problem with Sanchez is his consistency. He can be horrible for 3 1/2 quarters (which happens too frequently) and then come through in a clutch late in the fourth. He makes way too many mistakes and he was lucky last year in that department because he had a league high 13 dropped INTs which is I think double than the #2 guy in that category.

I also think his playoff performances have been overrated. He has had great games, good games, and mediocre games in the playoffs.

Sanchez is good enough to win as long as the Jets have a top defense. When the team needs him to step up his game and win the game for himself, he has yet to prove it with any consistency. The Jets don't need an elite QB as long as their defense is a top defense though.

The Jets defense declined last year from the year before. If that decline continues and at a more significant rate, Sanchez might become a liability. If the defense is the same or better, I think Sanchez won't get exposed.

How does he know Albert isn't playing? He makes no case for it except by citing Moss. He doesn't even say "a source told me".

Odds are good he won't play because the starters probably won't play. If they do, it won't be for more than a series and in that case, Haynesworth won't play more than 5-6 plays since he is not an every down player.

Odds are good he won't play because the starters probably won't play. If they do, it won't be for more than a series and in that case, Haynesworth won't play more than 5-6 plays since he is not an every down player.

That's fine. The reporter is making a guess too though. I'm tired of these guys trying to make some guess they have sound like inside information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes