PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Fines For Ravens Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Ian's Daily Blog - According to an article in USA Today this afternoon, NFL VP of football operations Ray Anderson reportedly ruled today there will be no fines for Ravens players or coaches who were critical of the officiating following Sunday’s loss in New England.“Without totally going off the wall, it is embarrassing to the game,” Ray Lewis told [...]

Ridiculous... not that I care about fines - I care about consistency. Saying that is a direct shot at the league. Whatever.

Way to go Roger. Showing you have a fair and balanced view toward every team in the league (NOT).

OK, now how about a fine for Suggs? This was no different than when Wilfork got fined for his hit against Losman. If there is no fine, the Patriots should file a complaint, Though I know they won't. The problem with not fining them is that it gives the perception that his comments were valid.

Do they usually fine players for speaking like that? I'll bet Harbaugh gets fined, but players are emotional and it's nice the league cuts them some slack.

Not that I'm a Ray Lewis fan, but I don't see the need for fines for players.

The dumbest thing he said was that the penalties gave the Pats 14 points, as if the Ravens weren't trampled for about 10-12 other plays on each drive. Plenty of chances, Ravens, right down to the end. cough cough gasp

I'm fine with this. Good, encourage undisciplined teams to melt down and act like babies after the game. It's only hurting them over the course of the season.

Last edited:
Agree with the decision. Players are allowed to critique the league, this isn't a police state.

Let them sound like sore losers if they want to, only hurts their reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back