PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cicero

Rookie
Reaction score
The better team won yesterday. Looks like the Patriot mystique is alive and well. I hope we don't see you gys in the playoffs.

Here is an old comic from our dark days that I thought might sum up yesterday's game:

092000borgman_600x387.jpg

Good luck next week and during the rest of the season. We may meet again.

Also, to see how the outside perspective sees it (and to ease my mind that I'm on the right side of an argument):

From your view, did the Patriots running game set up their passing game, or did their passing game set up the success with the run?

Cicero, I know I am not alone in saying that you have truly been a pleasure to have around this past week. In fact, all our Bengals visitors were among the nicest, most knowledgeable fans we have had around these parts.

Good luck with the rest of the season.:)

Oh, I also can't see the comic you linked to...

Bella*chick said:
Cicero, I know I am not alone in saying that you have truly been a pleasure to have around this past week.

I agree, and hope he or she stops by again sometime, and hopefully not just before the next Bengals/Pats game. Good company is good company.

Brownfan80 said:
I agree, and hope he or she stops by again sometime, and hopefully not just before the next Bengals/Pats game. Good company is good company.

Yeah, is it me, or was the whole Bengals preparation week just laid back and pleasant? From the goofy trash-talking between Johnson and our head coach, to the awesome Bengals fans who came here, to stories of team pranks, the whole week was just nice.

Bella*chick said:
Yeah, is it me, or was the whole Bengals preparation week just laid back and pleasant? From the goofy trash-talking between Johnson and our head coach, to the awesome Bengals fans who came here, to stories of team pranks, the whole week was just nice.

Good points.
Good Bengals fans, fun week of preparation, high comedy, just what was needed as an antidote to the ugly reminder of Mike Shanahan's annual ownership of the Patriots.

Bella*chick said:
Cicero, I know I am not alone in saying that you have truly been a pleasure to have around this past week. In fact, all our Bengals visitors were among the nicest, most knowledgeable fans we have had around these parts.

Good luck with the rest of the season.:)

Oh, I also can't see the comic you linked to...

Sorry about that. I uploaded it from my hard drive so it should be there now. Thanks for the kind words. You group is also one of the more friendly and knowledgable boards I have visited. (You should see the Steelers board I visit)I think I will visit often and though I hope we don't meet in the playoffs (one beat down is enough) I know that if we do the week before the game will be fun.

All in all it was a very entertaining week of football.

Attachments

• 092000borgman_600x387.jpg
    092000borgman_600x387.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 271
Honestly there attitude and play (and to sme extent facial expressions) reminded me of our effort (or lack thereof) agianst Denver.

Brownfan80 said:
Good luck next week and during the rest of the season. We may meet again.

Also, to see how the outside perspective sees it (and to ease my mind that I'm on the right side of an argument):

From your view, did the Patriots running game set up their passing game, or did their passing game set up the success with the run?

I think they did both pretty much at will. Your coaching staff put together the perfect gameplan this week. Before the Bengals knew what hit them it had snowballed into a blowout. I was pretty down yesterday, but every team lays an egg now and then. I think mine got caught believing the hype about them.

I think it was more passing to set up the run. Your second half numbers make that pretty clear. The Bengals gameplaned all week to stop the run and your offense took them out of that gamplan. Once the game plan was out the window chaos ensued.

Romeo who?

Last edited:
Good luck to your Bengals the rest of the way. the North is a tough division, but I think you may find Cincy with the edge in a couple of weeks. The Bengals have a potent offense, they'll be back.

Dagg said:
Honestly there attitude and play (and to sme extent facial expressions) reminded me of our effort (or lack thereof) agianst Denver.

I also got the impression that they took an early bye week. I would not want to be a Bengal this week.

Cicero said:
I think they did both pretty much at will. Your coaching staff put together the perfect gameplan this week. Before the Bengals knew what hit them it had snowballed into a blowout. I was pretty down yesterday, but every team lays an egg now and then. I think mine got caught believing the hype about them.

I think it was more passing to set up the run. Your second half numbers make that pretty clear. The Bengals gameplaned all week to stop the run and your offense took them out of that gamplan. Once the game plan was out the window chaos ensued.

Romeo who?

Ah man, you agree with NEM, bummer. lol. Thank you for the thoughts though. :)

Bella*chick said:

It certainly was. Don't get used to it though, it's Dolphins week. Though they are struggling so perhaps the trolls will stay away. Perhaps not..

Brownfan80 said:
It certainly was. Don't get used to it though, it's Dolphins week. Though they are struggling so perhaps the trolls will stay away. Perhaps not..

I won't hold my breath, but I do hope Dolphin fans will be intelligent enough to temper their...uh, enthusiasm. They may always play us tough, but as of right now they don't have much of a leg to stand on.

Bella*chick said:
I won't hold my breath, but I do hope Dolphin fans will be intelligent enough to temper their...uh, enthusiasm. They may always play us tough, but as of right now they don't have much of a leg to stand on.

No leg to stand on? That's never stopped them before! :)

Brownfan80 said:
No leg to stand on? That's never stopped them before! :)

LOL, I know! That's where the whole "not holding my breath" thing comes in. I value my oxygen too much!

Thanks. You were classy all week and at times showed a greater appreciation of the Patriots than some of our more fair weather "fans" out here who were predicting the beginning of the end or whatever because they didn't like the way Tom Brady held his shoulders or some such nonsense.

Now, just do us two big favors and beat the Ravens and Colts so we can have a shot at Home Field throughout the Playoffs.

PatsFanSince74 said:
Thanks. You were classy all week and at times showed a greater appreciation of the Patriots than some of our more fair weather "fans" out here who were predicting the beginning of the end or whatever because they didn't like the way Tom Brady held his shoulders or some such nonsense.

Now, just do us two big favors and beat the Ravens and Colts so we can have a shot at Home Field throughout the Playoffs.

The Colts are a threat, but the Ravens not so much. They are 4-0, but less than a minute from being 2-2. One of the two near losses was to the Browns.

The Ratbirds have a new qb and some decent recievers, but they have not fixed their offensive line. The should have lost to Cleveland and San Diego. Cleveland for some reason decided to throw the ball from the 2 yard line with a lead in the last two minutes and the Chargers tried to sit on a lead, content with going 3 and out for just about the entire second half of that game with only a six point lead.

We will beat Baltimore pretty badly as usual and I like our chances at Indy. With the departure of James and their recievers being a year older they are more beatable than they have been.

thks Cicero and good luck for your team - i hope you will win the division

the dark days are behind you - the Bengals are and will be very competitive

Cicero, it's been a pleasure reading your posts. I wouldn't be surprised to see your team in the playoffs. Good luck against the Colts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back