PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were missing our entire offense.

No excuses. Injuries? Next man up. Bad calls? Make plays on the next series. Win a game? On to the next one. Lose a game? On to the next one.

Eyes on the prize, fellas. Super Bowl or bust.

How can you win when you aren't allowed to make the plays on the field because, when you do, you're penalized?

The calls on Gronkowski for OPI and Chung for Holding were complete BS.
The lack of call for illegal hands to the face by Mathis on Jones on the TD to Caldwell.
The lack of a holding call on Fowler who clearly had a hold of Ninkovich on the 1st Denver TD. Ninkovich would have easily cut off the Denver RB and prevented the TD had he not been held.
I counted two Patriots linemen taken down on the last play of the game.
Giving Denver an extra timeout due to an injury. They are supposed to be penalized 5 yards and the clock is supposed to start on the snap. They are not supposed to wind the clock when it's placed.

Seriously, guys? This is your response? The maturity level is disheartening. I'm glad none of you play on the team.

You obviously don't have your pulse on where the fans are do you? ;)

I think I'm going to bed. Didn't expect such antagonism. Ah well. I'll drop back in tomorrow to see if anyone is feeling more charitable.

I expected the refereeing to suck...it did...I didn't expect a key misplay on a punt, nor the Hightower injury, nor the curious play calling with over 2 minutes left. Guess what?...it's a friggin' loss. Everything always looks worse than it is after one. Philly up next...I'll be there. Anybody so disappointred they want to give their seats away, let me know...plenty of Pats fans would love to go to the Razor and be homers for am afternoon.

No, I'm the kind of man who will ignore whining and put in the extra work to win next time. Not sure why you're all acting like I'm some sort of edge case.
No, you're not an edge case. As I posted earlier, you're a f###### troll. Oh, and you're also a terminal ***hole.

I expected the refereeing to suck...it did...I didn't expect a key misplay on a punt, nor the Hightower injury, nor the curious play calling with over 2 minutes left. Guess what?...it's a friggin' loss. Everything always looks worse than it is after one. Philly up next...I'll be there. Anybody so disappointred they want to give their seats away, let me know...plenty of Pats fans would love to go to the Razor and be homers for am afternoon.

The officiating was so bad that even NBC was showing it over and over.

Blatant holding against Ninkovich
Blatant facemask on Jones
Ridiculous OPI on Gronk
Lame hold on the huge pass to Martin
Lame hold on the call against Chung
Blatant hold on the game winning run

The officiating was beyond horrendous. Given that, perhaps you can be the usual Joker instead of this imposter.

The Pats made some mistakes for sure (fumbled punt, throwing with 2.40 left) - but I don't see how Denver wins this game if the officials flagged their misdemeanours for which NE was punished? That last regulation TD drive, for example - all 5 plays could have been called back with an offensive flag (holding, hands to face etc.)?

Running into the kicker would have extended a drive for NE - and it was blatant.

There are too many examples of the double standard employed by the officiating crew tonight to list here - and it definitely played a huge part in allowing Denver to come back.

No, you're not an edge case. As I posted earlier, you're a f###### troll. Oh, and you're also a terminal ***hole.

Troll?? You can check my post history. I've been posting here for 6 years, with over 1000 posts. I'm hardly a troll. I'm saddened by the loss. I'm heartbroken by Gronk's injury. I'm incensed by the officiating -- I'm just pointing out that the season isn't over. Not sure how that makes me trolling or rude?

And, Deus is right. I'm not on the team. But I do identify strongly with the Patriots, particularly because I live in Bills country. I'm constantly surrounded by badgering and smack talk, so I'm really devoted to the team.

Anyway. Off to bed for real this time. I have to work in a few hours.

Troll?? You can check my post history. I've been posting here for 6 years, with over 1000 posts. I'm hardly a troll. I'm saddened by the loss. I'm heartbroken by Gronk's injury. I'm incensed by the officiating -- I'm just pointing out that the season isn't over.

Had the bolded above been all you did, nobody would have a problem with your posts. You went way beyond that, though, starting from the very beginning with the title, and that's what people are taking issue with. Under the circumstances, it's not surprising. I don't recall you ever being anything but a good egg, and you'll end up taking more grief than you should, but the thread's execution was badly done.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to bed. Didn't expect such antagonism. Ah well. I'll drop back in tomorrow to see if anyone is feeling more charitable.
It was just a bad post, man.

Yeah I usually don't complain about officiating, but damn that had to be the worst officiating I have ever seen that even some of the biggest haters noticed it as well.

Curran got it...

Belichick now out there as well. You wonder how things go had there been no OPI on last drive. Cart is on field.

Exactly, Tom. Gronk's injury was a by product of the horrible officiating.

I love your posts. Truly I do. But this was bull ****. And again I don't care if they lose especially under the injury circumstances but the officiating was just out of this world bull ****.

The playcalling in the 4th qtr was awful.

Troll?? You can check my post history. I've been posting here for 6 years, with over 1000 posts. I'm hardly a troll. I'm saddened by the loss. I'm heartbroken by Gronk's injury. I'm incensed by the officiating -- I'm just pointing out that the season isn't over. Not sure how that makes me trolling or rude?

And, Deus is right. I'm not on the team. But I do identify strongly with the Patriots, particularly because I live in Bills country. I'm constantly surrounded by badgering and smack talk, so I'm really devoted to the team.

Anyway. Off to bed for real this time. I have to work in a few hours.
Kiss off.

I'm sorry everyone...I'm just burnt out making pregame complaints about certain ref crews and then see what I predicted unfold. I knew tonight would be a sh!tshow. I just hoped that the Pats would BE the Pats and FORCE the obvious...which they did. Someone else can take over the duties of posting all the missed OBVIOUS calls that influenced the outcome of this game. It won't make any difference. Goodell is Goodell and the appointing of these specific ref crews for these primetime games is DELIBERATE.

The refs were awful and biased, but I will never use the refs as an excuse why the Pats lost. They could have won this game even with the refs.

This is the kind of game that should inspire national reporters to break down the film and point out every single instance of horrible officiating that took place, and they should hammer it home until it resonates in the NFL front offices. The league should be shamed, again.

Sadly, it won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey