No Excuses.. the Charlie Weis Book..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
just finished reading it, felt it was too folksy and too shallow. The style of writing was painful, with that being said gave me more insight into the amount of linkages that he and BB have and what they went through to get where they are. Gave a lot of info on how the Giants, Pats and Jets operated under Parcells, not as much as I would have liked on the Pats organization.

Finding the parallels between him and Josh McDaniels is pretty astounding, he goes into how in the 1997 season BP had him directing the offense, but no one really knew about it and he was protected as BB did with McDaniels did last year.

There was not as much insight as I would have liked, but a quick read, certainly not worth the cash expended (even though it was a gift) suggest waiting for it to either be discounted or in paperback.. now onto "Moving the Chains".. which I hope I can savor.

Re: No Excuses.. the Charlie Weiss Book..

I agree, the book was not as good as "Education of a Coach" or "Patriot Reign". My wife managed to get me an autographed copy of the book for Christmas. It was an easy read and all my empathy goes out to him and his family.

More importantly, it was refreshing to see someone championing such a noble cause, his legacy will be much more than just a football coach. The benefits from the book go towards the "Hannah & Friends" foundation, anyone who has ever had someone in their family with failing health understands how insignificant everything else is.

just finished reading it, felt it was too folksy and too shallow. The style of writing was painful, with that being said gave me more insight into the amount of linkages that he and BB have and what they went through to get where they are. Gave a lot of info on how the Giants, Pats and Jets operated under Parcells, not as much as I would have liked on the Pats organization.

Finding the parallels between him and Josh McDaniels is pretty astounding, he goes into how in the 1997 season BP had him directing the offense, but no one really knew about it and he was protected as BB did with McDaniels did last year.

There was not as much insight as I would have liked, but a quick read, certainly not worth the cash expended (even though it was a gift) suggest waiting for it to either be discounted or in paperback.. now onto "Moving the Chains".. which I hope I can savor.

sorry GA, but if you didnt like the Charlie Weis book, youre in for an even bigger disappointment in Moving the Chains. I think there were about 5 new pieces of info in the whole book. it read like a primer for someone who just woke up after 8 years asleep. sorry

sorry GA, but if you didnt like the Charlie Weis book, youre in for an even bigger disappointment in Moving the Chains. I think there were about 5 new pieces of info in the whole book. it read like a primer for someone who just woke up after 8 years asleep. sorry

I agree, I got this book for Christmas (Moving the Chains), and though I read it quickly, it was only to get through this painful book. I kind of liked the insight of Brady's days at Michigan, but I could've done without the Brady family tree and the family's religious history, which has no bearing on football. My favorte Patriot books so far are Patriot Reign and the book about Patriot's history, Tales from the Patriot's Sidelines.

Charlie's book is nice but, like others said, very light. I'm not a reader and I read it in one day :)

"No excuses" by Charlie Weis? LOL. Is there a chapter on his excuses for losing every Bowl game at ND and the fact his team can't beat anyone good?

How can Charlie still be so freakin FAT after stomach stapling surgery???

I was asking the same question Monday night, I love the guy, but he looks like Jabba the freakin Hut. The surgery almost killed him, I guess you can get it reversed ?

I was asking the same question Monday night, I love the guy, but he looks like Jabba the freakin Hut. The surgery almost killed him, I guess you can get it reversed ?

Maybe they screwed up and gave him a vasectomy instead. **** happens.

I read somewhere that they sort of had to undo it after the problems - but in his book he kind of contradicted that. So I really don't know. But clearly his stomach is no longer smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes