Welcome to PatsFans.com

'No End in Sight' documentary opens July 27

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Jul 16, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

best documentary since "Iraq for Sale"... anyone still ignoring the reality of this calamity really needs to wake up... Donald Rumsfeld should be in jail... As should Perle, Feith, Wolfowitz and Cheney...

‘No End In Sight’ for Iraq.

If you live in California, watch a free screening of No End In Sight, the first film of its kind to chronicle how the U.S. recklessly allowed Iraq to descend into chaos and civil war. RSVP today if you are in San Francisco on July 19 or Los Angeles on July 24. Watch the trailer HERE.

The first film of its kind to chronicle the reasons behind Iraq’s descent into guerilla war, warlord rule, criminality and anarchy, NO END IN SIGHT is a jaw-dropping, insider’s tale of wholesale incompetence, recklessness and venality. Based on over 200 hours of footage, the film provides a candid retelling of the events following the fall of Baghdad in 2003 by high ranking officials such as former Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage, Ambassador Barbara Bodine (in charge of Baghdad during the Spring of 2003), Lawrence Wilkerson, former Chief of Staff to Colin Powell, and General Jay Garner (in charge of the occupation of Iraq through May 2003) as well as Iraqi civilians, American soldiers, and prominent analysts. NO END IN SIGHT examines the manner in which the principal errors of U.S. policy – the use of insufficient troop levels, allowing the looting of Baghdad, the purging of professionals from the Iraqi government, and the disbanding of the Iraqi military – largely created the insurgency and chaos that engulf Iraq today. How did a group of men with little or no military experience, knowledge of the Arab world or personal experience in Iraq come to make such flagrantly debilitating decisions? NO END IN SIGHT dissects the people, issues and facts behind the Bush Administration’s decisions and their consequences on the ground to provide a powerful look into how arrogance and ignorance turned a military victory into a seemingly endless and deepening nightmare of a war. ​
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  2. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Well if it's as objective as Farenheight 911 was then it will be worth watching:confused: Not arguing that many critical mistakes were made in prosecuting the war, though
  3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

$5 says you never subject yourself to actually watching it...

In fact, have you seen any of them? "Why We Fight?" "Iraq for Sale?" "Dark Side?" "Rumsfeld's War?"....
  4. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Make it a couple of Patriots tickets and you're on. :D I saw Fahrenheit 9/11. I didn't see the liberal counter movie by thewthe way. I even forgot the name of it. Anyway when is it going to be shown outside of CA? Seriously?

I do like to look at differnt sides of issues. I won't automatically screen out CNN or NBC. I try and stay away from the ihatebush.com and liberalsneedto die.com sites because they are way too far out there. And I don't get most of my information from uploaded youtube clips where so many people get their take on things. Some people don't know for example of the many liberals that voice their opinions on Fox News.....daily. They think Alan Colmbs is the token liberal on the network. Who could have ever said that....know anyone?
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

lol... you were doing so well... until the end... well, you know what they say... a .250 hitter is always gonna end up around .250 by the end of the season...
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Maybe they will make a movie chronicalling how expensive this conflict is, how much money Bremmer lost when he gave away pallets and how much money we waste on contractors.. not sure anything will make much difference in this investor driven economy.. when people feel the effects of this conflict in their pocketbooks maybe something will change.. our children and grandchildren are already footing the bill.
  7. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

They also say that you'll be a better pitcher if you learn to throw more than one pitch.