Welcome to PatsFans.com

No Edit link on posted threads

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by goheels22002, Apr 16, 2014.

1. goheels22002

goheels22002 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +751 / 5 / -12

#50 Jersey

When I posted on the new format thread yesterday, I wanted to go back and re-open my post to correct a misspelling. Ian replied that in the lower right, there should be a link to do that. I don't have that link in Chrome browser. Thoughts?

Also, is it like the "advanced edit" function where you could remove the thread entirely, or change images?

I like the preview function here by the way.

2. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +496 / 4 / -2

#34 Jersey

I think it's part of the upgraded usergroup that you're in and I have to set that up, noticing you're all seemingly having this same issue. I'll get that fixed along with the additional changes and permissions (being able to have additional privileges w/removing the thread, etc.) that are part of that as well.

3. goheels22002

goheels22002 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +751 / 5 / -12

#50 Jersey

Thanks, Ian. The edit button showed up this morning. It might be that the background is bright and the small font navigation buttons are a lighter shade of gray with little contrast. This is clearly a mobile-ready format, and sometimes the contrast needs to be adjusted. I had to do that with some pages I work with.

A good example is the "Share This Page" link at the bottom and the arrows between the breadcrumbs in the bottom-most navigation bar.

A suggestion is to change the font color from gray to red or blue in keeping with the Pat's color scheme. See these boards that use the same 2014 xenforo software: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/snooker-world-championship-2014.906702/
    http://www.ramsondemand.com/

Overall, I like this message board program a lot and am finding new features all the time. Thanks for all your hard work.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  4. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +496 / 4 / -2

#34 Jersey

Yeah, I'm going to tweak things over the weekend. Keep coming across new things I want to try, especially with a lot of the suggestions coming through. Hopefully over the next few weeks things will all come together. :)