Welcome to PatsFans.com

No Comment On General Pace?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, Mar 6, 2006.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I figured the pseudo-conservatives would be all over this guys interview with Tim Russert yesterday on Meet The Press. Guess they're not into backing their position with "facts on the ground"? Pace provides them plenty of reason to celebrate for chrissakes, because you can all stand up together and diss anybody whos critized Bushs handling of the war. So why so mum??

He said, paraphrased, that while nation building is very difficult, there is no civil war...it was averted. He claims we have over a hundred brigades of Iraqis trained and ready. (Didn't specify if they were level one capable though.) He said that if Bill Buckley has some difference of opinion, then that conservative should get his ass down to Bagdad and "take a walk around".

He's basically calling Murtha full of crap...so I'm surprised none of the "pseudo-cons" are jumping up and down here.

Take your time...
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Pace...another lying traitor who gets our kids killed for nothing.
  3. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,707 / 19 / -12

Disable Jersey

It's the irrational Forum sentiment exemplified by the above senseless accusation that inhibits folks from posting positive info.

Meanwhile here's Ralph Peters another on-site guy who knows the Middle East and Third World well...

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/64752.htm

AMONG the many positive stories you aren't being told about Iraq, the media ignored another big one last week: In the wake of the terrorist bombing of the Golden Mosque in Samarra, it was the Iraqi army that kept the peace in the streets.

It's routinely declared a failure by those who yearn for the new Iraq to fail. But an increasingly capable Iraqi military has been developing while reporters (who never really investigated the issue) wrote it off as hopeless.

What actually happened last week, as the prophets of doom in the media prematurely declared civil war?

* The Iraqi army deployed over 100,000 soldiers to maintain public order. U.S. Forces remained available as a backup, but Iraqi soldiers controlled the streets. * Iraqi forces behaved with discipline and restraint - as the local sectarian outbreaks fizzled, not one civilian had been killed by an Iraqi soldier.

There's more...
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Is it senseless and irrational because you disagree with me in the legitimacy of the Iraq conflict? Sorry PWP, but it's my opinion that Pace and all other brass and chickenhawk coward draft dodgers like the Bush, Cheney, Rove and Rummy, who have perpetuated this "war" are all traitors. I don't even include the CIA because they counselled against this invasion and occupation.

What the hell difference does it make "how well" things are going in Iraq? We have no business being there in the first place. I'm really glad things in Bhagdad are so great. You think it's good that Iraqi soldiers didn't kill any civilians? Wouldn't that just be a normal thing in a civilized place?

Why don't you leave out the insults and state your case to the contrary? Wouldn't that be more sensible and rational?
  5. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Thank GOD we still have the NY Post and Fox (both owned by Murdoch). I mean, now that the National Review has come out and called it a failure, the pseudo-cons still have somewhere to hang their hats.
  6. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I was going to stay out of this thread until I read your post, can you please explain to me how General Peter Pace is a chickenhawk?

http://www.jcs.mil/bios/bio_pace.html
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I was referring to two groups: the military brass and the chickenhawks, who are famous but I listed some of them anyways. Pace is most definitely not a chickenhawk, but he is brass.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2006
  8. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,707 / 19 / -12

Disable Jersey

Read what Pace said. Read what Peters (no chickenhawk either) said. Both are intimate with the region. Peters is not brass. There are several other on site reporters such as Michael Yon who actually leave the hotel and go out into the countryside who share Peters' et. al. opinion of progress. Strangely, NONE of them are employed by the major media outlets. Hmmmm.