PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No cake walk next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
only one question...which ref crew works the game?

If you see Mike Carey, may as well turn the game off...same goes for "Yippeee-ki-Yay!" Triplette and the Southern Cracka Coalition...

I thought I heard that they're mixing and matching crews for the playoffs, supposed to be the best at their jobs and once they do a game they're done for the playoffs. They should have kept the best crews together and had the best do the biggest games. Im not crazy about this current system.

With all of these injuries...this game is going to come down to 1 or 2 key plays as it usually does when these two teams play...a TO there or a fumble there...could be the game.

But why do ravens fans think they have our number?

Why?

Well, in last year's AFCCG, they had the game winning TD dropped/stripped in the end zone and missed a game-tying TD as time ran out. Then, however much we might whine about the officiating, they did beat us this year when we blew a fourth quarter lead and couldn't get a first down to close out the game.

So, I wouldn't necessarily say that "they have our number," but I can understand why they might feel that it's time for their "number" to come up on this spin of the wheel.

Just to be clear, lest the flames be thrown, I am confident that we will win on Sunday...but, if you're superstitious, you might think that "The third time is the charm."

I'm kind of glad we didn't blow the Texans out because there will be alot to be pissed about going into this game. Wouldn't be suprised to see us alot more crisp on ST and defense, offensively it's hard to do better than 41 points.

I think we're fine if we keep the turnovers even, keep ST a non factor, and the refs are somewhat fair. We are virtually 6-1 without Gronk (he was hardly a factor against Miami IIRC) and playing our best ball of the season. As great as he is, we will be fine without him as long as Welker, Hern, and Lloyd stay healthy. Jones back would be a plus but I believe our D can survive without him as well, they have been fine as long as the current secondary has been healthy and Nink luckily escaped disaster.

Can already smell a few big spots where safety play will be vital - if there is one thing you can count on, it's Flacco doing what he does best and throwing downfield. I don't see Balt coming into this one conservative knowing they are going to have to put up points. b

th

I want to see Chandler Jones play.

i just had a ravens fan tell me the stadium will be filled with 15-20% of ravens fans....so 13,000 ravens fans? LOL

I remember last AFC champ game..the ravens fans would try and start **** when they entered the stadium. they mimic their team so well! So if your sitting in the 300s..be prepared to sit near Dbags as i may have to sit near a few

Last edited:
I am pretty sure there is no one who thinks it will be a cake wake. Ravens are a great team and what the did last night was very impressive. I was confident they pats would win today. Not sure who will win next week.

The Patriots have the better defense.

The Patriots have a much better offense.

Unless special teams, injuries or turnovers kill the Patriots, the Patriots will win by 10+.

No cake walk but I simply don't fear the Ravens.
Their age on defense can be exploited and Tom Brady is the perfect QB to do so.
Brady was downright awful against the Ravens last year. Easily one of his worst playoff performances .....ever.
I simply don't see that happening again.

I think the ravens are tired....they'll be emotional, but I don't see it......the pats offense will still mov ethe ball and score points, and the the defense won't be giving up the kind of plays denver did or they way they themselves did in baltimore week 3

one thing that I am scratching my head over........ 2 broncos/ravens game, 11 TD scoring plays of over 30 yards....1 pats/ravens game and 1 pats/broncos game there were a total of 0 TD scoring plays of over 30 yards......I'm sure it means something.....not sure what it is, though

No cake walk but I simply don't fear the Ravens.
Their age on defense can be exploited and Tom Brady is the perfect QB to do so.
Brady was downright awful against the Ravens last year. Easily one of his worst playoff performances .....ever.
I simply don't see that happening again.

It would be nice to finally blow the Ravens out! It's always a slugfest every time these two teams play. I just think the entire NE organization (fans included) are hungry for another Lombardi Trophy. We're so close I can almost taste it! I hope that crowd goes crazy next sunday.

I thought this was pretty good....

Patriots-Ravens will just be a series of successive kickoff returns for touchdowns.

— Bill Barnwell (@billbarnwell)

Unless special teams, injuries or turnovers kill the Patriots, the Patriots will win by 10+.

i have a feeling flacco with do his usual 3-4...well lets see what happens and just chucks it up for his WRs to bail him out

The Patriots have the better defense.

The Patriots have a much better offense.

slow down there. I think it's a little early to say the Pats have a better D. The Patriots are the better team, but they need to go in there and take the game.

I love watching Pats-Ravens games because they are always intense and close. Hopefully Brady shows up and lets everyone know he is in fact the GOAT.

The Ravens fans lack of respect for the Patriots is just false over confidence to hide their at least little bit of fear. Going to be a tough, good game.

slow down there. I think it's a little early to say the Pats have a better D.

Patriots were 9th in points allowed. Ravens were 12th in points allowed.

The Patriots didn't get their better players lined up until Talib arrived and began playing, and the improvement has been obvious despite the decline of Jones as a pass rusher. The Ravens, meanwhile have lost players to injury.

If you wish to argue that the Ravens are still the better defense, have at it. I disagree. I think the Patriots are a #9 scoring defense on the ascent, and the Ravens are a #12 scoring defense on the decline. I don't say this as an attempt to deride the Ravens. I say it because the Patriots defense has been improving, while Suggs hasn't been himself because of injury (just 2 sacks in 8 games), Webb was lost for the year, McClain's on IR and Lewis isn't 100% with that arm.

Last edited:
...but, if you're superstitious, you might think that "The third time is the charm."

One could also argue that we've only lost to them twice (2009 playoffs and 2012 regular season) out of all of the times they've played.

I thought at one point Brady was 6-1 or close to it (not sure about the specific record, so forgive me) vs Baltimore though, actually stating that they "sure talk a lot for a team who's beat us once in 9 years." Of course that number has changed now with each side going 1-1 since.

There's also an argument that the odds would favor Belichick in a rematch, with each side going 1-1 in the current season.

Not meaning to sound argumentative at all, just pointing out some numbers that would show the other side of things.

Patriots made it look so easy against the Texans, I just don't see them losing to the Ravens. The only team out there that can hang with NE is the 49ers, and that's only if Kaepernick plays like he did against Green Bay.

Patriots made it look so easy against the Texans, I just don't see them losing to the Ravens. The only team out there that can hang with NE is the 49ers, and that's only if Kaepernick plays like he did against Green Bay.

Kaepernick is balling right now. How long will it last though? I see him cracking @ some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back