PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No cake walk next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
With all of these injuries...this game is going to come down to 1 or 2 key plays as it usually does when these two teams play...a TO there or a fumble there...could be the game.

But why do ravens fans think they have our number?

Last edited:
With all of these injuries...this game is going to come down to 1 or 2 key plays as it usually does when these two teams play...a TO there or a fumble there...could be the game.

no crap... its the AFCCG

No game in the playoffs are a cake walk, but I think the Pats can win much like they did today next weekend. I wouldn't guarantee it, but I thought both the Broncos and Colts played really soft against the Ravens. The Broncos seemed to play not to lose the entire game.

I also heard on the radio (I missed a lot of the game because I was out and saw mostly highlights for a large portion of the game) that Manning never changed his snap count during the game and that was giving the Ravens a good jump off the line. If that is true, the Ravens' defense would have looked a lot better yesterday than it really is.

It's going to be a battle. I'm not sure any thing less than a perfect effort will get it done. This Ravens team is average at best but they're playing their hearts out for 52.

Torrey Smith has unbelievable speed and could be trouble and Boldin has been making some solid plays.

If the refs are like today and keep giving all the close calls to the other guys, it could be a long day.

Either way, this thing is going down to the last seconds.

My question is: who does Pollard take out this time?:bricks:

Last edited:
Not a cake walk, but you couldn't ask for a weaker opponent in a conference championship.

only one question...which ref crew works the game?

If you see Mike Carey, may as well turn the game off...same goes for "Yippeee-ki-Yay!" Triplette and the Southern Cracka Coalition...

The Ravens are always a struggle, definitely our biggest competition since 2009. I never go into a game against the Ravens with brimming confidence that we'll win. It should be close, it always is. I think we are the better team for sure though. But it's the Ravens for god sakes.

But why do ravens fans think they have our number?

No kidding, its the AFC Title Game.

Raven fans are morons.

/thread

I also heard on the radio (I missed a lot of the game because I was out and saw mostly highlights for a large portion of the game) that Manning never changed his snap count during the game and that was giving the Ravens a good jump off the line. If that is true, the Ravens' defense would have looked a lot better yesterday than it really is.
No, that is 100% correct. I pointed it out to the game.

Manning did change the snap count at one point but he had a give away that said he was about to snap the ball. He said something like "hurr hurry HUT!" when he would snap it. Anytime he'd fake the snap he'd just go straight to HUT! Really, not once during the game did he snap it on a HUT!. It was the "hurr hurry HUT!" Kind of crazy but I noticed the Ravens getting a great jump on the snap often during the game.

This is similar to how the Patriots (and many teams) often line up the running back a few feet behind the quarterback when they are going to run or play action out of the shotgun formation. It's a dead give away when I am watching the broadcast considering the back usually lines up right next to the QB when it is a pass. Not always the case, but more often than not it is.

Not a cake walk, but you couldn't ask for a weaker opponent in a conference championship.

we could be travelling to Denver where brady has played usually poorly to face Peyton Manning....its not going to be an easy game. but Id rather take my chances with the Ravens visiting Foxboro

but you have to like that their "old" defense played 5 quarters last week and looked tired near the end. I would go hurry up on them

I wanted nothing to do with Baltimore prior to the Divisionals, am as fearful of them at this point. Make not mistake, Baltimore is no Houston. Houston is a young team thin on playoff experience and has a pansy coach and a pansy QB. Baltimore is a playoff tested team with metal at key spots, they've been here and riding the Ray Lewis retirement train. Football is a leadership driven, emotional game.

The Gronk thing sucks, but when you consider the breaks this NE team has gotten in it's favor the last couple(most thanks to Houston), us fans can't complain. You couldn't write the pro Pats script better. This team essentially backed into a one seed with Indy beating Houston and then Balt beating Denver(in a 6 qrt OT road/altitude barn burner). All has fallen really nicely - now have to muscle this one out, because it's not going to be easy.

but I was planning to have a lot of people over, limited chairs, lots of cakes, music, and make I'd win a tasty dessert for a buck. Now you're saying no cakewalk! If cakewalks are outlawed, only outlaws will have cakewalks!

No cakewalk but the Patriots are the best team in football. If they play a turnover free game, the Ravens will be able to keep it somewhat close but they will lose.

I just get sick at the thought of another week of Ravens fans on here....yuck! But then again those Denver fans weren't exactly all pro's. :bricks:

I picked Ravens VS Patriots in the AFC championship. Its to bad about Gronkowski. I still feel we are a better team as long as we dont let there recievers get behind us. The only way the Ravens win is if they get big time plays in the passing game much like they did against denver. Or some key turnovers. The pats are a better team but the Ravens are a veteran team and they are not intimidated at all. Its going to be a dog fight. But we should win by 10 or more when its all said and done. I also picked greenbay to win but since they are gone.. I am actually going to take Atlanta over the 49ers setting up an Atlanta VS New England Super Bowl match up.

Last edited:
The Pats should win this one. No games at this stage are easy but this game is the Pats to lose.

Broncos made Flacco look like the second coming of Montana. Our D could easily do the same.

No game in the playoffs are a cake walk, but I think the Pats can win much like they did today next weekend. I wouldn't guarantee it, but I thought both the Broncos and Colts played really soft against the Ravens. The Broncos seemed to play not to lose the entire game.

Yes. you could hear his audibles all night on TV! "Hurry, Hurry xx". It did seem pretty obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes