PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Adam? Bye bye Patsies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Come on, you knew I was obliged to tease you guys at least once. :)

But sadly, knowing your team, BB will wave his magic wand and you'll probably find some jabroni off the street who will turn out to be better than Vinatieri.......:(

I see the Faiders just signed Duane "Just Torch Me Again" Starks. Now that's the type of player who will help a sagging defense.....haha. With signings like this, it looks like another 4-12 season is in the offing for the Faiders. :)

Hey C2C,
Yeah - I don't know what to make of that signing. Hopefully last year was just an aberration brought on by injuries. My expectations aren't high, but hopefully I'll be surprised.

Seriously it's fascinating to watch your Pats undergo this pruning. What's the deal out there in New England? Just getting some new blood in there?

Wow, your expectations for your team this season aren't high? RS, did you really write that? Are you sure you're feeling okay? ;)

Regarding Starks, I really thought the Pats made a good acquisition trading for him, but that really blew up in their face. I don't know how much of it had to do with being injured, but he sure was a liability in the defense. I'm sure glad they don't have that problem anymore. If he is healthy and plays up to his capability, you might have a good addition there. Same goes with Tyrone Poole, though I wonder just how committed he is to football these days.

As far as the recent Patriots player moves are concerned, I'm not quite sure what they're up to either, though I'll still continue to tote the team mantra "In Bill We Trust". It sucks to see great contributors like Givens, McGinest, and Vinatieri leave the team, but I agree with the team's stance in not overpaying them. I'm hoping that the main reason they've cleared all this cap space is to sign Seymour and Branch to contract extensions, and maybe some of the other young core players like Koppen and Graham as well. I'm happy about the resigning of Troy Brown and Stephen Neal. Now I'd like to see them go after Eric Moulds to add some depth to the WR core. I also think they're positioning themselves to make a big splash in the draft next month. Maybe rebuilding is not the right way to look at it, but perhaps retooling a few areas that need upgrading might be more accurate. In any case, you know the Pats FO has a plan and they're going to stick with it.

RS said:
What's the deal out there in New England?

Damn if we know!! If BB has some great plan for this season he's not showing what it is. And I'm wondering if he's just saying...."ahh screw it this season...I havent gotten laid in a few years...no vaca...BobK wants to save money for his new soccer team". LOL!

But its just starting....he still has time to get some guys. Right Bill....you are planning something here? At least he didnt pick up Vandershank!!!! I'm still pissed we lost Adam...if we had gotten that choker...lets not even go there.

So...you guys have the former N.O. QB. Hmmm.....these run...run...run...then maybe throw QB's have never impressed me. But he's probably better than Collins was.

Last edited:
RS said:
Come on, you knew I was obliged to tease you guys at least once. :)

But sadly, knowing your team, BB will wave his magic wand and you'll probably find some jabroni off the street who will turn out to be better than Vinatieri.......:(
u cant talk....ur a raiders fan. the raidahs are getting up there with the texans, lions, etc. hell even the cardinals beat u guys out this year. but i honestly dont know what the pats are doing, but im confident that they will have a contending team come august.

u seem to be a surprisingly logical raider fan....i belong to raiderfans.net and most of em are outta their minds.....they think brooks is a savior

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing