PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Adalius for Jets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. It's not as if Thomas is a former Patriot, or as if this could impact the Patriots in week 2, or anything like that...

The Pats play against 13 different teams this year. Yet the number of threads about the Jets seems to be slightly disproportional with all the others.

By your logic, it would probably be more relevant if it said "No Adalius for Bengals?", but it doesn't. Does it.

This particular thread has absolutely nothing to do with any newsworthy items. It's just the 20th thread speculating about AD signing with the Jets.

The Pats play against 13 different teams this year. Yet the number of threads about the Jets seems to be slightly disproportional with all the others.

By your logic, it would probably be more relevant if it said "No Adalius for Bengals?", but it doesn't. Does it.

This particular thread has absolutely nothing to do with any newsworthy items. It's just the 20th thread speculating about AD signing with the Jets.

When the Jets were talking about signing Thomas to fill the void left by Pace, that was newsworthy. Now that they're putting out the notion that they might not need to do so, that's also newsworthy. Could it have been put into one of the other threads about AdT? Sure, but that doesn't change the basic equation.

Former Patriots player + division rival + new information regarding the possibility of lineup change heading into a game involving the Patriots = newsworthy.

Last edited:
Re: No Adalius for Jets ?

OT: Getting the feeling that the Jets are going to be VERY average this year going 8-8.

Nah! They weren't that good last year.

If it wasn't for two gifts from playoff qualified, resting teams they would more than likely have been 6-10.

And all they have done is go downhill from there.

They just claimed Rick Foley... I can't wait for the next article talking about how the Jets did ADT wrong by leading him on only to claim the legendary Rick Foley!

Last edited:

They just claimed Rick Foley... I can't wait for the next article talking about how the Jets did ADT wrong by leading him on only to claim the legendary Rick Foley!

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Rex: YEAH! We got Mick Foley that's a genious PR move right there baby!
Tennenbaum: No Rex, we got RICK Foley
Rex: Wait so it's not the guy from WWE?
Tennebaum: No
Rex: G-DAMN IT! THAT GUY WOULD HAVE FILLED OUR F'N SEATS
Tennenbaum: Dumbass.

Rex: YEAH! We got Mick Foley that's a genious PR move right there baby!
Tennenbaum: No Rex, we got RICK Foley
Rex: Wait so it's not the guy from WWE?
Tennebaum: No
Rex: G-DAMN IT! THAT GUY WOULD HAVE FILLED OUR F'N SEATS
Tennenbaum: Dumbass.

Now that is funny, and somehow doesn't seem to far fetched...:D

==============================================

Were obsessed.;)

Must have been the GD Jetsons again.

Pats fans sure seem to be obsessed with the Jets.

I'm shocked Pace had a fracture off the hit he took, he had a screw inserted, not a pin, Chrebet came back from a similar injury in 4 weeks, week 2 is probably a big aggressive, but it's good news nonetheless in that he won't be out very long, I'll take a week 3 or week 4 return. Jason Taylor is his replacement, a pretty good one if you ask me.

They probably signt AT after week one to provide depth at OLB and at DE in the 46.

Jason Taylor is his replacement, a pretty good one if you ask me.

you were calling him done two years ago.

As may have been said before, it's possible they don't want him on the roster for the 1st game as then they have to guarantee his salary for the year.

Jason Taylor is decrepit. AD just isn't good either.

I would guess AD his a minimum salary below which he won't remove himself from his couch. Why should he? He's worth 15-20 million dollars of our money. He's not going to play a violent game at which he's no longer good for peanuts.

I was listening to the Sirius NFLN and they mentioned something that AT would get paid what was supposed to make this year with the Pats if another team signs him before week 1. Once week 1 comes he is no longer tied down to the amount on the old contract.

Is that even a rule?

Pats fans sure seem to be obsessed with the Jets.

Yea, it's not like there's countless Pats threads on Jets message boards or anything like that. No way that's happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes