Welcome to PatsFans.com

Nnamdi Asomugha

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DaBronxPats14, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaBronxPats14

DaBronxPats14 Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I know I know all about how BB doesn't spend money on FA/Trades pickin up big salary if he possibly can't get a bargain basement discount but how about Asomugha opposit McCourty? Now that's down right SCARY ROCKIN! Do you think it's possible, feasable and worth it knowing priority areas Pats need to address 1st? IMO LOCK HIM UP! Get a bonifide pass rusher or 2 with a decent receiver and we're BAAAAAACK! I mean Pats have abizzilian draft picks they can afford to deal plus hit draft hard. Oh yeah that's if we have a season in Sept.
    Thoughts?
  2. Mainefan

Mainefan Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

What in the world makes you think he is available?
  3. LuthierJr

LuthierJr Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Thoughts?

Add this thread to the eleventy trillion other threads about him. It's a pipe dream.
  4. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +447 / 6 / -7

After seeing how much Routt got, my thought is that it's never going to happen.
  5. fumbrunner

fumbrunner Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Leigh Bodden says hi
  6. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -1

Please take off the Jets Great Gazoo-like helmet and join us in the real world. Please.
  7. fair catch fryar

fair catch fryar Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

The Raiders didn't pick up an option on his contract. He's actually been available for a while now.
  8. Dufflebagz

Dufflebagz Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I guess 14-2 is gone....:confused:
  9. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

We have one of the best young CB's in in the game and an extraordinarily serviceable 2nd in Bodden. Why would we want to spend an arm and a leg on Asomugha. We have other areas of need to address.
  10. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,164 / 52 / -64

Disable Jersey

I think that Belichick is unlikely to pay the necessary amount of money that it would take.
  11. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +195 / 2 / -2

The other areas of need only factor in to the extent that they require $.

At OLB or OL, for example, if the likely answers are going to come through the draft, that shouldn't preclude going after Asomugha.

I agree corner is nowhere near our area of greatest need, but he'd greatly improve the base defense and (assuming we still kept Bodden) our other packages as well as our depth.
  12. DaBronxPats14

DaBronxPats14 Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Because he is available and we're talking about al davis & oakland raiders.
  13. Dufflebagz

Dufflebagz Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Free agent, Al Davis has nothing to do with him anymore.
  14. USCPatriot

USCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That was gone the moment the timer hit zero against the Jets. 14-2 means nothing, the chances of the Pats doing that next year are VERY low, maybe 12-4, hell 13-3 would kind of be a stretch but still doable. I'm not saying its not going to happen but for the people who think that just because it was 14-2 this year with a young team DOES NOT mean even an improved team will have a better record next year. Better record? Maybe Not. Playoff Wins? Yes.

I think that was his point, if we could get him for a REASONABLE price then it MIGHT be worth a shot BUT again, Bodden i'm sure would get factored in somehow, salary cut or something.

I find it funny how everyone except that poster had valid points on why the Patriots do not NEED Asomougha yet you chose only to respond to HIM. LOL
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  15. Dufflebagz

Dufflebagz Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He said that we would be back, implying at some point we were gone. I was just saying that we were 14-2, whether or not we won in the playoffs we weren't "gone".
  16. mojocaster.com

mojocaster.com Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Is CB a #1 need? No.

But when a player of that caliber becomes a FA, one HAS to at least think about it.
  17. andrewgarrr

andrewgarrr Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Idiotic.

Is CB a need? Of course. Arrington and Butler aren't the best nickel and dime CBs in the league.

Is CB a 10+ million dollar/year need? Fvck no.

If you think the Patriots can convince Nnamdi to join the Pats for 10 million a season than sure he might be worth it, and also, you'd be an idiot. He just was paid 15.1 million a season, Revis just got an agreement for ~12 million a season, and Champ Bailey just got a ~11 million a season extension. Sure Nnamdi isn't a head-case and has his head on straight unlike a lot of NFL players, but this will probably be the last big contract he signs. I can't see him selling himself short to go to a "contender". Who knows?
  18. DaBronxPats14

DaBronxPats14 Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Ya right because those resposes were good so I answered obvious, he's available, period! lol
    and YES that's exactly what I meant about possibly comin cheap WITH Bodden. Also I was thinkin it would kill 2 birds with one stone, getting him & keepin him away from Jets. Think for a min NA & DR as Jets corners. In this case a good Defense is a good Defense!
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  19. Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 7 / -16

#87 Jersey

People on here always mention the $, we're not exactly strapped for cash at the moment. They could afford him if they really wanted to get him.
  20. ausbacker

ausbacker Brady > Manning. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +341 / 5 / -2

#51 Jersey

I'm sure the Patriots could afford him if they really wanted to, but we all know Nnamdi is going to the Jets. Plus, there's more pressing needs in the overall make up of the Patriots. Nnamdi would be a nice addition that said.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.