PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nnamdi Asomugha could be had. Nice trade that could work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, SFBs. If you actually had your head out of your arse for even a minute, you'd see that every single response he's gotten has been negative. And if you think my response was me being a jerk, you definitely have an issue because it was anything but. I didn't call him names. I didn't call him stupid.

BTW, as per the 1st Amendment, he's entitled to the responses, however positive or negative, that he gets for posting his ideas. Just like you are. Just like I am. Unlike YOU, I actually can put together cohesive arguments and hold my ground on issues unless proven otherwise. And when proven otherwise, I actually admit to being wrong.

Unfortunately for you, the idiot isn't me. And there was no homer venom in my post to him. You clearly don't understand the BS you are posting. As for your other crap, if you had half a brain, you'd know I hadn't even been on here for 4 hours today, let alone 23.

As for YOUR pathetic insults, all they show is that YOU can't stay on the topic of the thread and that YOU are the one with the issues.

You're a jerk and a blowhard, plain and simple. Accept it, because you are. It's time to step away from the computer DaBruinz.

You're a jerk and a blowhard, plain and simple. Accept it, because you are. It's time to step away from the computer DaBruinz.

haha he fights with everyone. i dont know how he hasnt been banned from this site yet. its quite pathetic. ive learned to ignore most of what he says. although when he isnt busy attempting to belittle someone's post, he occassionally provides some good insight

So what? This forum is full of people like that. We can't all be NFL caliber talent evaluators like you :rolleyes:

You sound like you're about to smash your keyboard in a rage. Ha-ha. It's just an internet forum where people share ideas. Calm down there, chief.

You know what I find hilarious? That you sit there and b!tch and moan like a $3 wh0re about others insulting people, yet from looking at your post history, something like 50 of the 60 posts you've put up on this board have been YOU insulting others... And it hasn't just been your idiotic attacks on myself. You've attacked plenty of posters who have made sound arguments and shown their football knowledge. And you're typical response is to call them an IDIOTIC HOMER. The funny part is that in damn near every case, YOU were the idiot and they knew exactly what they were talking about.

So, you can keep up your pathetic attempts of attacking me and others or you can follow the advice you claim we should follow and actually bring something to the forum. Personally, I don't think you've got anything to actually share since you haven't done so yet.

You are the one with a bigger percentage of his posts that are attacks on people. Not me. In fact, you've proven to be the blowhard and jerk.

haha he fights with everyone. i dont know how he hasnt been banned from this site yet. its quite pathetic. ive learned to ignore most of what he says. although when he isnt busy attempting to belittle someone's post, he occassionally provides some good insight

You really should get your facts straight, Billdog. I don't fight with everyone. And I haven't been banned yet because I've never crossed the line.

As for bringing insight, I bring a lot more of that than you give me credit for.

p%5Bineapple-738660.jpg

"You're a big jerk!"

You know what I find hilarious? That you sit there and b!tch and moan like a $3 wh0re about others insulting people, yet from looking at your post history, something like 50 of the 60 posts you've put up on this board have been YOU insulting others... And it hasn't just been your idiotic attacks on myself. You've attacked plenty of posters who have made sound arguments and shown their football knowledge. And you're typical response is to call them an IDIOTIC HOMER. The funny part is that in damn near every case, YOU were the idiot and they knew exactly what they were talking about.

So, you can keep up your pathetic attempts of attacking me and others or you can follow the advice you claim we should follow and actually bring something to the forum. Personally, I don't think you've got anything to actually share since you haven't done so yet.

I find it comical how serious you take this board.

Dabruinz, you are a total jerk. I'm sorry, it's a fact.

So were getting the best corner in the league because Al wants to clear cap space? Makes sense that they ket Adalius then.

Btw nobody gets paid more than Tom Brady remember.

As always, DW, you will do anything you can to get rid of Maroney to the point of dumping the Pats 1st round pick..

Also, I'm not sure where you get that Wilhite's salary is only $202K. It's not. The league minimum for a player in his 3rd year is $470K.

Thomas' salary is 5.9 million. NOT 8.8 million. The 8.8 million would be his salary cap number if he was cut AND the Salary cap was in place.

Also, why would the Pats pay Asamougha $14 million a year?? That's insane.. Especially when he just signed an extension last year with the Raiders.

Man, just give it up with your "thoughts" on trades because you've yet to put one up that makes any sense.

Why do you even bother reading my "trades" or thoughts then? I am not working on a commission for each post read! If you can read, I said the salary numbers were inaccurate. You have me dead to rights there and I apologize to the forum readers that they are inaccurate but were made as an example. (does that disclaimer do it for you Crabbyappleton?) Also if you have bothered to be up to date. Facts as we know them:

1-The Raiders are looking for a RB.

2-Also it has been well documented that Al will be willing to part with Asomugha. His extension as in 2008 according to Raiders information. Asomughas' salary is a less than $14m but I added for owed bonuses. His insane salary contract might make it a moot point, but as I did say, if you could sign and trade via extention.

3-They have opted to tender Kirk Morrison for a third rounder, so he could be out one way or the other with his 116 tackles. Check the NFL Network in case you did not have that information.

That wasn't the point Mr. Pseudo Intellectual "I know it all". Obviously you are wrong once again in your statements of misinformed knowledge and assumption.

My point is that there could be a workable deal if Thomas was taken and the Salaries could be cross exist with each franchise.

Your dried up always negative opinion does not rule for what is or is not a good trade. It is simply your crappy opinion.

You have never had one. You sit here and judge everybody else. Must be nice to be as god-like as you.
DW Toys

This would be a bad trade. Not only would the Pats be taking on a large salary, but they would be trading for another 30 year old. As much as I wanted a pass rusher in Peppers, it's time to get serious and actually draft some players. Trading for a CB who would struggle with this scheme because of the weak pass rush isn't worth it.

I find it comical how serious you take this board.

Dabruinz, you are a total jerk. I'm sorry, it's a fact.

What's a fact is that you've gone out of your way to attack me in threads that I wasn't even a part of.

You've not used actual facts in your arguments in other threads. And when others have, you've called them ignorant homers.

Yet, you think I'm the problem. At least when I go after someone, they are already in the thread. Back to the ignore list with your sorry pathetic arse.

BTW, it's your opinion. It's not a fact. You might want to go get educated on the differences.

So were getting the best corner in the league because Al wants to clear cap space? Makes sense that they ket Adalius then.

Btw nobody gets paid more than Tom Brady remember.

Please everybody. Read my disclaimer...if there could be a sign and trade! Let's not get crazy.
I did not make all this up. This was well stated that mostly everybody is on the block in Oakland including Asomugha..

Schefter:"With the NFL's new league year kicking off on Friday, March 5, trade talks are intensifying -- and nowhere more so than in Oakland.

The Oakland Raiders have had multiple discussions -- with multiple teams -- in an effort to see if they can unload any of their players, league sources said. It is similar to what the Raiders did last year, when they sought out trades with other teams, only to find few takers.

The Raiders are open to dealing multiple players on their roster, including Pro Bowl cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha. The problem is that Asomugha's contract makes him virtually untradable."

Hence...Sign and Trade!

DW Toys

Maybe if we throw in a second we could get Zach Miller and Seymour too.

But, then again, this is a guy who graded the Patriots Quarterback position as a "B" in another thread, so maybe we shouldn't expect much from him.

Wow there. You would rate the 2009 version of Brady as an "A"? I would say that he wasn't 2007 or even before form which is understandable. Maybe I expect too much.
DW Toys

What's a fact is that you've gone out of your way to attack me in threads that I wasn't even a part of.

You've not used actual facts in your arguments in other threads. And when others have, you've called them ignorant homers.

Yet, you think I'm the problem. At least when I go after someone, they are already in the thread. Back to the ignore list with your sorry pathetic arse.

BTW, it's your opinion. It's not a fact. You might want to go get educated on the differences.

Ha-ha, the irony.

Idiot.

No, its not too bad, because DW Toys makes about 25 absoutely stupid suggestions like this a day. He doesn't research, he doesn't know **** about football, and hes an idiot. He just throws **** and sees if it sticks.

Thank you DeBruinz Jr. I just went with facts as I could get them. I said I didn't have the numbers right in my disclaimer if you bothered to look., but I did research them if you want to know. The Raiders don't have a miguel.
Synovia I promise I will remove the gun to your head that has you forced to read my twenty five stupid suggestions per day.
It's easy.
Let me tell you how it's done:
If you see the tag "DW Toys", don't read it. You will not hurt my feelings.

I do this for fun. I suspect that no one on this forum is a Patriot personnel or employee.

If we all disrespect each other for personal opinion on this forum, I guess we wouldn't have anyone to ridicule.

You don't know me or what I do or do not do.
I have been called an idiot by better people than you.

DW Toys

db,

I see you are making friends again

Asomugha would be nice, but it's not going to happen. His salary is just too much.

Very respectful and thank you for your reasonable comments. It was just an idea that had a basis and the emphasis was on sign and trade.

We are going to lose Bodden (someone is not "just doing their job") and we now have another hole to fill. The Draft takes too long in most cases.

I actually wanted to see the reaction on Trevor Scott more than Asomugha.

The Raiders are looking for another RB.

DW Toys

Keep dreaming

it's a nice thought though

This is a deal that can work, it is realistic and it fill holes for both Teams. They let Bodden get on a plane to Houston. That looks bad (WHY!!!). Some on this site can play better CB that Wheatley (Bust-O…BY THE WAY…. second rounder!) and Wilhite (maybe)! We have one player resembling a CB in Butler. Crazy Al has made it known he would like to move Asomugha. His contract is a typical Raiders mess and not financially responsible. If I was the Pats FO I would consider trading #22 for Asomugha in a package that must include Adalius Thomas.

Asomugha is guaranteed roughly a rediculus $14.25 million this year with bonuses with a team option in 2011. Raiders will have to decide by the fifth day of the league year in 2011 whether to opt for 2011. If the Raiders do decide, the final year is guaranteed. If not signed, Asomugha can't be franchised.

Last year Malcom Jenkins, the top Drafted CB in a weak CB class received a five year $19m contract ($11m guaranteed) in the mid pack (14TH) of the Draft without playing a single down in the NFL. The 7th pick of the 2009 Draft received 23 million guaranteed and a 38 million with not a second of NFL time. Almost $8m!

Thomases contract reads (Miguel?):
• Signing bonus: $12 million in 2007.
• Option bonus: $8 million payable in 2008, applied for cap reasons in equal $2 million increments in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
• Salaries: $900,000 in '07, $900,000 in '08, $1.9 million in '09, $4.9 million in '10 and $5.9 million in '11.
• Workout bonuses: $107,000 annually if he participates in the Patriots' offseason workout program in Foxboro.
So roughly $8.8 million this year for Thomas. If we can do a sign and trade with Asomugha and extend him to six years like the Falcons did Robinson for about the same $9 (+?)m with a decent Bonus, we would get rid of a issue of Thomas who can probably still play at a high level, but just not for the Patriots, and we get arguably one on the top two CB’s in the NFL. If Bodden wants $8m, I would pay Asomugha more.

Here is a deal that will work. Crazy Al has a need for a RB. McFadden is injury prone, Fargas was cut and they would take an offer on Michael Bush right now. His main goal is to cut his outlandish salaries down (he signed SeaBass his kicker for way too much, but he needs to get Seymour done and needs to free up some cash).

Pleas note: Some of my figures are approx.
Raiders get:
The Patriots first round 2010 pick #22.

RB Lawrence Maroney-Salary $1.07m

CB Jonathan Wilhite-Salary $202,750. They would have to replace Asomugha with a NFL ready CB.

OLB Adalius Thomas-Salary $8.8m as wild as Asomugha.

Patriots get:
ILB Kirk Morrison-Salary $2.3m. Over a hundred tackles every year. They will move him for a third. Excellent run defender. 6’2” 242lbs to go with Mayo.

OLB Trevor Scott-Salary$400k. 6’5”, 259lbs. 4.54 40 yrd dash . 6.84 cone (BB favorite)32 presses. Was converted to OLB and played well. 7 sacks. Our NFL ready made DE/OLB conversion.

CB Nnamdi Asomugha-Salary -Roughly $14m which is the key to a long term sign and trade. Perhaps the uncapped year would help.

It is a few more NFL bucks than Bodden and a few more than Thomas.

These deals make sense. Al will move Nnamdi Asomugha. We would love to move Thomas who might work well there and I like the two LB pick ups.
DW Toys
Cousin...another one of your ludicous, unrealistic trade thread/posts........F- :singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes