PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ninkovich: An emerging Bruschi II

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a huge stretch. The only reason Niko is playing is because BB has nobody better. Rest assured that OLB will be a huge target in the offseason and goodbye Niko. He muffs a ton of plays (lack of speed?) in spite of his remarkable hands.
Watching the games on radio again Fred? :D

The only reason Niko is playing is because BB has nobody better.
Duh.

Aside from the fact that your logic applies to EVERY position (if BB had a better player at ANY position than the incumbent, the better player would be on the field), you make it sound like a knock on Nickovich that there are no LBs better than him on the entire team. :cool:

Bruschi II? C'mon!

Nink has had a solid two weeks, and people seem ready to jump off a bridge at his command. After the Buffalo game people were accusing him of being the game's worst defensive starter. You don't go from worst in the league to Bruschi II in two weeks!

I think Ninkovich has played very well the past two weeks. It is possible that the light bulb turned on recently, and that we're going to see this new, solid Ninkovich from now on. It's possible that he's a JAG who just had two big games. Time will tell.

Niko is not very fast and slow to react. I have watched him very carefully and he is usually late to the pileups or out of position. He and the CB opposite McCourty are the two big holes in the defense.

BTW McCourty has hands of stone....everything else is great but he cannot catch anything.

So in 2 weeks Ninkovich has gone from "worst starter in the league" to "Bruschi II". Gotta love the fan forums and the talk shows.

I'll say the same thing I said 2 weeks ago. He seems to me to be a poor man's Mike Vrabel. Remember that Vrabel became a starter in this 5th year in the league as well.

I'd be willing to bet that Ninkovich is a very bright individual who has a high football IQ...the kind of player that Belichick can work with. Someone who picks up the complicated game plans that Belichick is famous for putting together. I think of a young Mike Vrabel when I watch him...and not just becuase he wears the same number...

Nance called Ninko, Vrabel a couple of times during the telecast.

Last game he and cunningham started.Making TBC do what he does best come in on passing downs.

He is backed by crabel now and i think he is very atheletic as all our OLB are bigger/taller he is more fluid in coverage which you need for the OLB lining on a TE .

I think vrabel was bigger but he will smaller but smarter. you also need someone like that when you have new OLB playing in the front.

now we need a thread called "Kyle Arrington - worst starter in the NFL?"

and comparing Ninkovich and Bruschi is a joke.

Did you miss the thread with that very same title ;)

Your assumption would be correct.

Haha, I must have missed. I try to skip as many of the negative threads as possible. Especially with something like "worst starter in the league." Gross.

As for this thread, I can't really say he's Bruschi II, but I think he's improving.

Let's see, we got Woodhead is Faulk 2.0-will be a better pro thread. Ninkovich emerging Bruschi II thread. Cunningham is the next McGinnist thread. OK I think I'm done here. I see why Belichick painted over the muriels now.

Let's see, we got Woodhead is Faulk 2.0-will be a better pro thread. Ninkovich emerging Bruschi II thread. Cunningham is the next McGinnist thread. OK I think I'm done here. I see why Belichick painted over the muriels now.
You forgot Edleman as Welker 2.0 (though Welker is still an active Patriot so maybe it doesn't apply).

The whole team seems to be improving and it doesn't take much improvement from individuals to make the team play better...usually just a handful of plays a game. That's the Patriot Way we seem to be seeing a resurgence in :cool:

So in 2 weeks Ninkovich has gone from "worst starter in the league" to "Bruschi II". Gotta love the fan forums and the talk shows.

Amazing, I know. We HAVE to be better than this here, don't we?

Clearly you don't participate in the gameday threads.

Haha, no kidding. I think the Pats went from SB champs, to the worst defense ever, to the champs again on Sunday. It's amazing how many judgments people will make after one or two plays.

The whole team seems to be improving and it doesn't take much improvement from individuals to make the team play better...usually just a handful of plays a game. That's the Patriot Way we seem to be seeing a resurgence in :cool:

Winning makes teams look better and in some cases better than they are, but in our case, I think they are starting to jell. But I am still nervous because youngsters live on a roller coaster, and I hate the downward cycles.

Still I hope BB rides these improving youngsters for all they are worth and we get a huge west coast W this weekend.

Amazing, I know. We HAVE to be better than this here, don't we?

2 wins, (we had a BYE week inbetween) so lots of happy campers right NOW. All I have to say is this. No one was high on Niko before Miami, 2 games doesn't change that. He's looking good though, and like Jack said it looks like he's becoming an important piece in our rotation. I don't know if this is him playing his best or if he's really improving, but we'll see. 2 Losses and not so solid performances from now and Niko will be right back where he was on these boards.

This board is a roller coaster.

rollercoaster.jpg

Branch 1.0 = Branch 2.0 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes