PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Niners Lawson Done/49ers draft pick speculation (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: San Fran hit by injury bug

We were on pace for the #22 pick coming from SF. Now my forecast moves to #20.

I am officially updating Shakadave's Draft Pick Forecaster(TM) to #18. Does anyone remember the cutoff to be able to sign him for 6 years instead of 5? Or is it 5 years instead of 4? Is it Top 15 picks or Top 16?

I am officially updating Shakadave's Draft Pick Forecaster(TM) to #18. Does anyone remember the cutoff to be able to sign him for 6 years instead of 5? Or is it 5 years instead of 4? Is it Top 15 picks or Top 16?

I think it's top 16 (half of the first round)...

Well normal first rounds...Damn Goodell.

We were on pace for the #22 pick coming from SF. Now my forecast moves to #20.

We've always been on pace for a pick between 10 and 16. We're still on that pace.

Re: Niners Lawson Done for Year (merged)

Makes BB passing on Lawson look even smarter now, although nobody can really predict injuries. Or were there some prexisting medical issues that we weren't aware of?

I'm hoping the wheels on the bus fall of the 9ers season but to be realistic they still have Frank Gore there. That guy is a man-beast and he'll win some games for them on sheer talent alone. I'm guessing they are 7-9 at worst.

Do we really want the 49ers to do real bad this season?

Outside of CB and maybe LB, do we have any glaring needs? I Don't think there's going to be a CB in the top 5 (or maybe even top 10) and i don't think LB's ever warrant a high draft pick. If we get a really high round pick, what are the chances we trade down?

I'm hoping the wheels on the bus fall of the 9ers season but to be realistic they still have Frank Gore there. That guy is a man-beast and he'll win some games for them on sheer talent alone. I'm guessing they are 7-9 at worst.

I don't think a top-5 draft pick is even worth it in most drafts. Last year the 7-9 teams drafted #11, 12, 13 which would be a terrific spot in a strong draft. (Last year it translated to Patrick Willis, Marshawn Lynch, Adam Carriker.) Five-year contracts, premier talent still available, affordable price tag. Sign me up!

Re: Do we really want the 49ers to do real bad this season?

To answer your question - YES WE DO. Jeez. Draft a player, trade the pick, whatever. If someone offered me a Camry or a Mercedes I'm taking the Mercedes - even if I sell it, buy a Camry and pocket the difference.

Re: Do we really want the 49ers to do real bad this season?

Yes. 4-12 would be ideal. Take the best player available, or recoup your lost draft pick by trading down.

I don't think a top-5 draft pick is even worth it in most drafts. Last year the 7-9 teams drafted #11, 12, 13 which would be a terrific spot in a strong draft. (Last year it translated to Patrick Willis, Marshawn Lynch, Adam Carriker.) Five-year contracts, premier talent still available, affordable price tag. Sign me up!

SIX-year contracts! :rocker:

I'm guessing they are 7-9 at worst.

Like the Seahawks last season, I think we will be witnessing the Niners get a lot of cheap wins b/c they are in a crap division, injuries or not. They already have a couple.

I was hoping we could draft him and sorry to hear he's hurt.
Anywhere in the middle would be a nice pick 14-18

SIX-year contracts! :rocker:

Right-o, sorry for the slip! Any losing record should put the Pats in six-year territory, which is luxurious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes