PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Niners Lawson Done/49ers draft pick speculation (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBigglesWorth

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
POSTED 2:33 p.m. EDT, September 20, 2007

LAWSON DONE FOR THE YEAR

When his name appeared on Wednesday's injury report (scroll down), we'd assumed that 49ers linebacker Manny Lawson was limited in practice due to a pre-existing knee injury.

As it turns out, he injured the knee during practice -- and tore his ACL in the process.

Matt Maiocco of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat report that Lawson is done for the year. Lawson was one of three N.C. State defensive linemen selected in round one of the 2006 draft, along with Mario Williams (Texans) and John McCargo (Bills).

Hannibal Navies and Parys Haralson are the primary candidates to replace Lawson on Sunday at Pittsburgh.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Re: OT- Niners Lawson Done for Year

That's rough. I remember Lawson being a prospect that many here wanted the Pats to draft. Best of luck to him.

He's a local kid (for me) - an NC State product. I wish him the best, but don't mind that the 49ers are down one good player - after all, now there record affects our ONLY 2008 first round pick.

I feel bad for Manny Lawson. In the (admittedly) little I've seen of the 9ers this season, he really looked like he was kicking on towards the sort of play that had many around here hoping he would be a Pats pick in 2006.

All rooting against the 49ers aside, that's a real shame. Lawson's a good-looking young player and a big guy for an ACL tear. Hope this doesn't limit his career.

Re: San Fran hit by injury bug

don't root for injuries but I don't think there is anything wrong with pointing out that the 49ers losing a player like that could help our draft pick.

Big time loss for the Niners. He was developing into a beast for them.

don't root for injuries but I don't think there is anything wrong with pointing out that the 49ers losing a player like that could help our draft pick.

nothing wrong at all

I don't think we need an ultra high draft pick, those guys cost money. Do we really have any needs other than CB once asante leaves? Heck, i think we could even trade down and stock up on a few 'project' players.

Last edited:

I don't think we need an ultra high draft pick, those guys cost money. Do we really have any needs other than CB once asante leaves? Heck, i think we could even trade down and stock up on a few 'project' players.

Linebacker... or wait, I meant defensive end. :cool:

They are getting long in the tooth (Seau, Bruschi)

Manny Lawson is lost for season due to torn ACL.

I'm not celebrating, nor do I root for injuries. Just passing along the story ....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3029152

Nah-the Niners aren't any good anyways. If the Rams had a healthy LT, they would have gotten trounced by them. And if that AZ defender had just MERELY KNOCKED that ball out of bounds on that fumble, they would have lost that game too.

6-10, you heard it here first!

It's all about the draft pick since we lost one....it's nature of the business....

I agree they do NOT need a high pick...I don't know about 6-10...seems low...right now they are sky high..and heading to Pitt...now THAt will be interesting..

dillon.jpg

Exactly. You never want to see a guy injured (with the possible exception of LaDanian Tomlinson), but if it could potentially help our draft position, it is, in a strange way, good news for Pats fans.

Last edited:

We don't know for sure if Asante
will be gone next year.If we win the SB & Asante has a great year I think there's a good chance he'll be back next season.

We don't know for sure if Asante
will be gone next year.If we win the SB & Asante has a great year I think there's a good chance he'll be back next season.

I think it's the other way around. If we win the SB & Asante has a average year he will be back. If he has a great year there's no way we can pay him Clements money.

I agree they do NOT need a high pick...I don't know about 6-10...seems low...right now they are sky high..and heading to Pitt...now THAt will be interesting..

We were on pace for the #22 pick coming from SF. Now my forecast moves to #20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes