PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nightmare playing on NFLN rightnow

Status
Not open for further replies.
long story short.

We had a medical emergency that weekend. My wife was brought to A&E that weekend in a very bad way and was 16 weeks pregnant. I spent that evening/night in the hospital expecting very very bad news. She got better and now We now have a very healthy 18 month old boy who will be built like a brick ****house when he gets older

The only play of that game I was was the Tyrree catch. Its the only one I'll ever see. I now figure I owe Patriot nation something.
So I'll be sending over my child when he's about 14 to the US to start playing ball and repay the debt his family owes for losing that superbowl.
apologies, but every time I remember that weekend I say thank god.

Excuse my rambling.

Great story. Thanks for telling that one. It's good to hear of something far more important than sports that went well that awful night. Puts the horror of that #&%%#% Superbowl in perspective.

Anyone who starts a thread about "that game" should be banned for one month :(

Why so lenient?
Fair enough. Make it a life ban :rocker:

To the day I die I'll never watch that game again. I don't want to see ***ante's dropped int, Eli evading the grasp or Tyree's catch ever again. My last happy memory of that game was Ray Ventrone crunching Hixon at the 15 following the kick off after Moss's TD. The rest is a blur I never want to be reminded of. I get ill thinking about it.

PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT IT :mad:

Last edited:
Toss in Meriweather basically picking himself off on a play and allowing the Giants to convert a 3rd and 11 on that drive.

Even earlier in the game, Pierre Woods failing to secure a fumble. If he just laid on the ball or rolled towards the sideline, he would have hung onto the ball. Instead, he rolled toward the middle of the field, right towards Ahmad Bradshaw.

So many little things went wrong...

But Woods really did secure that, the refs screwed that up. When a player falls on the ball and grabs it, he's down if there's no one around him as soon as he's touched. I wondered if Belichick could challenge that one.

I made the mistake of turning to the NFL Network briefly last night...:mad:

Now they will make a movie with events surrounding Super Bowl 42 with Jeremy Renner in the lead role and Explosions in the Sky doing the soundtrack for the film.

(Please someone understand this reference!)

Can anyone else clearly see the hold on Seymour as he is hanging to to Manning before, "the catch"?
Are you kidding? I see it in my nightmares.

I especially "love" that stupid Pepsi commercial that plays that God awful catch. I close my eyes every time now.

Last edited:
long story short.

We had a medical emergency that weekend. My wife was brought to A&E that weekend in a very bad way and was 16 weeks pregnant. I spent that evening/night in the hospital expecting very very bad news. She got better and now We now have a very healthy 18 month old boy who will be built like a brick ****house when he gets older

The only play of that game I was was the Tyrree catch. Its the only one I'll ever see. I now figure I owe Patriot nation something.
So I'll be sending over my child when he's about 14 to the US to start playing ball and repay the debt his family owes for losing that superbowl.
apologies, but every time I remember that weekend I say thank god.

Excuse my rambling.

Babies will come and go. There was only one undefeated season to be had.

I'm kidding. Glad to hear you and your family survived and are doing well.

Last edited:
Babies will come and go. There was only one undefeated season to be had.

I'm kidding. Glad to hear you and your family survived and are doing well.
normally I'd agree.

But god damn I'm attached to him now.

I shut it off after the Moss TD...I just wanted to pretend that the game ended right there.

I shut it off after the Moss TD...I just wanted to pretend that the game ended right there.

I should've moved to a remote island right at that very moment. I mean really, nothing that has transpired in the civilized world since that touchdown has been worth the crappy final 2:30 that ensued.

Last edited:
I woke up at 3:30 this morning and turned it on unkowingly just after the Brady-to-Moss TD. I had to watch it again for some reason.

Asante was looking to keep his feet in bounds before he secured the ball...fatal error. I was surprised that Merriweather came thisclose to picking one off at the near end of that drive. I had just totally forgotten that. I still stuck around to see Hochstein get turnstiled and Moss try to catch a ball over the shoulder that he should've at least tried to "high point".

If Moss tries to high point that ball, we kick a FG and probably win in OT.

The amount of hatred I have for Super Bowl 42 is pretty unhealthy. Without watching it a second time, I can pretty much remember every play of that f**king game.

Last edited:
I should've moved to a remote island right at that very moment. I mean really, nothing that has transpired in the civilized world since that touchdown has been worth the crappy final 2:30 that ensued.

BRILLIANT

I'd come too

Until the Pats win another one, opps, sorry WHEN the Pats win another, SB 42
will haunt me for a long time. The hurt has come back the week of the SB these last two years. With top segements on TSN of "Best SB Moments", "Best SB Catches", etc, etc. Cripes, PTI closed out yesterdays show with the Tyree catch.

The only thing to remedy this is when the NFLN plays SB 36, 38 or 39. Or I can just pop one of my DVD's of the game in and take a trip down memory lane. :D

I watched the little half hour NFLN review of the game on Sunday. I think it gave me some kind of closure, it doesn't bother me so much anymore.

OTOH, how didn't Pierre Woods hold on to that fumble?

OTOH, how didn't Pierre Woods hold on to that fumble?

I have no idea. That might've been the simplest fumble recovery I've seen in football history. He literally was on top of the ball.

Frankly, I think BB could've reviewed that play and had a shot of winning.

I watched it; all of it. I had to do it, I'm a masochist.

So many plays, so many F-Ups - offense, defense, and zebras.

That disgrace will haunt me for the rest of my short, miserable life, because the Patsies will never ever again come close to accomplishing what should've been ours forever - History. Legend. All-Time Greatness. Instead, we're a despised laughingstock by the entire country.

God damn them; God damn them all; and especially, God damn God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes