PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nightmare playing on NFLN rightnow

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's not the only thing. they are playing the 2006 ACCCG on ESPN. It's anti-pats week.

Last edited:
TD!!!! WERE GONNA WIN THE SUPERBOWL!!!! :rocker:

Someone let me know if Asante decides to stay with his man this time.

I still see Brady connecting on an 87 yard TD to Randy Moss with time running out...did it work out that way this time?

Re: Do not turn on NFL Network right now!

Aw, God. I need to change my sheets after watching that.

Samuel's drop int.:mad:Still boggles my mind.:(

Hochstein .... :bricks:

I'm going to have to issue infractions for all of you discussing "the game that shall not be named".

I'm sorry...that game never happened...got it? Anyone have a problem with that? :beatingcoming:

Last edited:
Samuel's drop int.:mad:Still boggles my mind.:(

That was one of many flukey plays on that last drive. AD knocks the ball out and goober recovers. Merriweather had his hands on a pick, Harrison was close on another and then the once in a lifetime catch by Tyree. There were outside forces at play in that game...:eek:

Is it over yet?

The only positive thing that came from this is knowing I was right when I told people the Giants were a fluke that year and would be lucky to even make the playoffs during the next few years. So far the Giants haven't let me down with their epic failures and Eli has settled back into his "over-rated" role quite nicely. :D

What I still don't understand: how Rodney was playing Tyree. It's like he was standing beside him and let him catch the ball, then pulled him down by the arm. All he had to do was swipe at the ball as it came down, knock the damn thing away. So many ways that damn drive could have been stopped. :bricks::bricks::bricks::bricks:

Now it's on again!

Even the title of the thread killed me.

I will never be over February 3, 2008. Never.

I got over Buckner. Not this.

That was one of many flukey plays on that last drive. AD knocks the ball out and goober recovers. Merriweather had his hands on a pick, Harrison was close on another and then the once in a lifetime catch by Tyree. There were outside forces at play in that game...:eek:

Toss in Meriweather basically picking himself off on a play and allowing the Giants to convert a 3rd and 11 on that drive.

Even earlier in the game, Pierre Woods failing to secure a fumble. If he just laid on the ball or rolled towards the sideline, he would have hung onto the ball. Instead, he rolled toward the middle of the field, right towards Ahmad Bradshaw.

So many little things went wrong...

Even the title of the thread killed me.

I will never be over February 3, 2008. Never.

I got over Buckner. Not this.

I got over Buckner in 2004.

Wake me up in 2015.

For those considering watching this game, buy this instead...

flag_large1.jpg

long story short.

We had a medical emergency that weekend. My wife was brought to A&E that weekend in a very bad way and was 16 weeks pregnant. I spent that evening/night in the hospital expecting very very bad news. She got better and now We now have a very healthy 18 month old boy who will be built like a brick ****house when he gets older

The only play of that game I was was the Tyrree catch. Its the only one I'll ever see. I now figure I owe Patriot nation something.
So I'll be sending over my child when he's about 14 to the US to start playing ball and repay the debt his family owes for losing that superbowl.
apologies, but every time I remember that weekend I say thank god.

Excuse my rambling.

I woke up at 3:30 this morning and turned it on unkowingly just after the Brady-to-Moss TD. I had to watch it again for some reason.

Asante was looking to keep his feet in bounds before he secured the ball...fatal error. I was surprised that Merriweather came thisclose to picking one off at the near end of that drive. I had just totally forgotten that. I still stuck around to see Hochstein get turnstiled and Moss try to catch a ball over the shoulder that he should've at least tried to "high point".

So many things...so many little things. That said, if this loss was the price to pay for three SB Wins, I'll take it. I just cannot believe that I watched this just about 32 hours after watching Kobe sink the C's. I may need to have my head examined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes