PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nightmare draft scenario unfolding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombonneau

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
So thus far, it would appear the draft is unfolding in the least favorable manner for NE. If reports are to be believed, picks should likely fall thus:

STL - Long
ATL - Ryan
OAK - McFadden

That would mean KC would take Dorsey. And NYJ would take Gholston.

The only player with value at 7 is pretty much Ellis. If NE can't move this pick, this IMO is the worst scenario possible.

Of course this depends on your opinion of Ellis.

About the only variable that could work in Pats favor is if KC takes OL instead of Dorsey, which would be idiotic, but I won't put it past them.

So thus far, it would appear the draft is unfolding in the least favorable manner for NE. If reports are to be believed, picks should likely fall thus:

STL - Long
ATL - Ryan
OAK - McFadden

The only player with value at 7 is pretty much Ellis. If NE can't move this pick, this IMO is the worst scenario possible.

About the only variable that could work in Pats favor is if KC takes OL instead of Dorsey, which would be idiotic, but I won't put it past them.

I'm not sure it would be a nightmare for New England to be able to take their choice of offensive tackles at the#7 position. It seems closer to a dream come true in my estimation.

STL - Long
ATL - Ryan
OAK - McFadden

no, i believe that is the scenario the pats have seen coming a month ago...that is why they have feigned interest in the top two dt's, to lure in other teams who need help at DT, and NEED one of the top two

that would maybe be the BEST possible scenario

Highly ranked DL are few and far between, they will be able to trade down, if they choose, under this scenario.

I kind of agree but...

The same concensus top 6 players it appears will go in the top 6. Nobody is surprised about that. The only surprising thing is the order they are going in.

Ellis is still wanted, we think, by Cincy and New Orleans, and possibly the Panthers too. So it should be ok no matter what.

I absolutely do not want an O-Lineman at number 7 unless it's Jake Long. Give me a linebacker or move back in the draft to take the linemen.

The trade options are in place, fellas. Worry not. Our guys are moving down with one of atleast a couple of different teams if their guy is no longer on the board. Dont sweat it. Faith.

I'm not sure it would be a nightmare for New England to be able to take their choice of offensive tackles at the#7 position. It seems closer to a dream come true in my estimation.

Not necessarily. Lots of mocks had Ryan still on board, which would allow NE to dangle Ryan or Ellis for trade.

Right now, it's shaping up that they only guy people will trade up for will be Ellis, with NO being #1 on the list; however, with Dorsey falling it wouldn't surprise me to see NO make an offer to KC to get to #4, which would be one fewer trade partners for Ellis.

Not trying to be a Negative Nancy, I just would not be thrilled with whoever NE picks at #7 if they can't move the pick.

Not trying to be a Negative Nancy, I just would not be thrilled with whoever NE picks at #7 if they can't move the pick.

Ok, i'm going to be a Positive Paulie and hope that Jake Long falls to 7.

STL - Long
ATL - Ryan
OAK - McFadden

Nightmare is a pretty strong word... do I want the draft to unfold like that?

No - I'd prefer to see us with some tradeable value at #7 or one of the previously taken players as an option.

But I'm not certain they'd take Ellis.

I think in that situation you take a sure fire starting player - probably Albert - because whoever it is will be getting $18 million guranteed - and you don't risk that kindof money.

Nightmare is a pretty strong word... do I want the draft to unfold like that?

No - I'd prefer to see us with some tradeable value at #7 or one of the previously taken players as an option.

But I'm not certain they'd take Ellis.

I think in that situation you take a sure fire starting player - probably Albert - because whoever it is will be getting $18 million guranteed - and you don't risk that kindof money.

Nightmare might be too strong ... but Least Favorable Scenario isn't nearly as catchy of a thread title. (Can't help it, I'm in direct marketing ...)

Least favorable doesn't necessarily mean bad.

Least favorable doesn't necessarily mean bad.
I agree 100% my good man.

I usually associate the term "least favorable" with the word Fantastic.

damn san francisco and their 3 game winning streak with that backup QB in December.

Heck, we should all thank our lucky stars the Ninnies cr***ed the bed as badly as they did . . . most early-season mocks had the Pats' first pick in the mid-20s.

Dream for some. Nightmare for the rest. Make two monthes of excitment turn to ash. Sorta like the superbowl all over again.

Dream for some. Nightmare for the rest. Make two monthes of excitment turn to ash. Sorta like the superbowl all over again.

It's only a nightmare for people who don't understand how to build a team in the NFL.

It was the expected scenario since before the combine. The top 6 were definitely the top 6. Not a surprise.

Hold on...so suddenly we think nobody would be interested in trading up for Sedrick Ellis? :confused:

With a bevy of teams (including #9 and #10) desperate for a DT and a huge dropoff in talent after Ellis?

:confused: :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing