PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nick Kaczur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats_2007

On the Roster
Reaction score
What do you guys think of him? I heard alot of people criticizing him in the regular season but I think he has been playing well these past weeks.

Nick Kaczur is playing out of position, IMHO. His best position is at Guard, but we have more Guards than we can play or hold positions in the team. So he plays Right Tackle. I htink he would make a fine RG,bu tNeal si athe best movement Rg in the league,even if he is not an overpowering drive blocker, and Hochtein in no slouch not to mention Yates.

If O'C get better at pass blocking or Neal get old, or his shoulder becomes chronic, Nick may move inside, eventually. There isi an outside chance that the Pats would release Britt from his backup duties for the critical LOT position behind Light and he coudl have the size of O'C and the superior pass blocking ability of Nick, to make a pretty damn good Right Tackle too.

Unfortunately he to valuable as the LOT reserve.

In my opinion, Nick is the weakest link on the O-line. Neal is probably the weakest from a technique standpoint, but his athleticism allows him to make up for it. That's not to insult Nick, since the line has been great this season. It's not really a negative to be a lesser player than 3 pro bowlers and a freakishly athletic wrestler/guard.

In week 17, O'Callaghan did a pretty good job against Strahan. Somewhat suprisingly, he was better on pass pro than on running plays. It would not shock me to see O'C on the field some against Strahan in the SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes