PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nick Kaczur should be able to practice today....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanBruschi54

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
per Bill Belichick....

from his interview...

SeanBruschi54 said:
per Bill Belichick....

from his interview...

Cool deal, I guess this shows the other motivation for trading Gorin. O'Callaghan and Kaczur both in the mix at RT, no room for Gorin.

Brownfan80 said:
Cool deal, I guess this shows the other motivation for trading Gorin. O'Callaghan and Kaczur both in the mix at RT, no room for Gorin.
O'Callaghan should start. Kaczur I see more as a situational guy who can give guys breathers on the line.

O'Callaghan is that good.

Last edited by a moderator:
But will he?? Seems a bit late at this point..makes OL decisioons a LOT harder...Would have rather he PUPed and recovered more...Am optimistic..and as BB said putting players out earlier is not always the best.

Good, I was starting to wonder about him although the Gorin trade spoke loudly regarding Kaczur. Now we need Jackson out there . . .

BelichickFan said:
Now we need Jackson out there . . .
He'll head out there and stretch (like every other day) then he'll probably head into the bubble but not practice with the team.

Pats726 said:
But will he?? Seems a bit late at this point..makes OL decisioons a LOT harder...Would have rather he PUPed and recovered more...Am optimistic..and as BB said putting players out earlier is not always the best.

Who would you rather go into the season with as the backup OT, Kaczur or Britt? I gotta say Kaczur.

Oswlek said:
Who would you rather go into the season with as the backup OT, Kaczur or Britt? I gotta say Kaczur.
Of Course Kaczur because Britt isn't that good.

SeanBruschi54 said:
Of Course Kaczur because Britt isn't that good.

That was my point. Sorry if I didn't do a good job of making it clear.

I don't believe what I'm reading.

O'Callahan as the starter and Nick as a backup???? O'Callahan has not done anything yet. Wow, he started in a pre-season game.:eek:

Nick has been tested last year under very difficult conditions and passed the test vey well.

Sure I like most of what O'Callahan did last week. But, lets not get the 'flavor of the week" confused with the guy who actually did the job during the regular season.

I know he did it at LT, but LT is more difficult and he's a more natural RT.

PATSNUTme said:
I don't believe what I'm reading.

O'Callahan as the starter and Nick as a backup???? O'Callahan has not done anything yet. Wow, he started in a pre-season game.:eek:

Nick has been tested last year under very difficult conditions and passed the test vey well.

Sure I like most of what O'Callahan did last week. But, lets not get the 'flavor of the week" confused with the guy who actually did the job during the regular season.

I know he did it at LT, but LT is more difficult and he's a more natural RT.
You clearly have not been at TC and you clearly have not seen games at Cal where he played.

If you did you wouldnt say that.

SeanBruschi54 said:
You clearly have not been at TC and you clearly have not seen games at Cal where he played.

And you obviously didn't watch Kaczur last year. From what I saw on tape, he was usually the Pats' best lineman. Mankins was #2.

Thinking O'Callaghan is better suited to start - especially at this point in his career - over Kaczur is crazy.

Every NFL player looked great in college. If they didn't, they wouldn't be in the NFL.

And O'Callaghan was starting in training camp because Gorin wasn't much of a challenge to overcome.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
And you obviously didn't watch Kaczur last year.

Thinking O'Callaghan is better suited to start - especially at this point in his career - over Kaczur is crazy.
Dont get me wrong Kaczur was great but i dont think he can do as good a job as i think O'Callaghan will. O'Callghan dominated guys every year throughout college.

I guess we'll have to see.

SeanBruschi54 said:
Dont get me wrong Kaczur was great but i dont think he can do as good a job as i think O'Callaghan will. O'Callghan dominated guys every year throughout college.

I guess we'll have to see.

Again, every player dominated in college.

And O'Callaghan had some troubles against Arizona.

Kaczur already has a year of the offense under his belt, which trumps whatever measurables O'Callaghan has (height, weight).

O'Callaghan starts as a backup.

If Light goes down, Kaczur shifts to LT and O'Callaghan steps in at RT.

The Pats might not even carry a 4th tackle, especially with Mankins. They only carried 2 for the later part of 2004. Britt still has an uphill battle to fight.

Last edited:
SeanBruschi54 said:

Yes indeed I was at TC. I have watched every paly of every pre-season game.

And, what he did at Cal gets him drafted but doesn't mean squat in the NFL.

Nick was a starter for the bulk of the season. A started does not lose his job to injury. The back up has to win the job from the starter. O'Callahan has been good but not that good.

Nick should be the starter. O'Callahan the back up. Britt should be moved into guard for the reasons that I gave yesterday.

Oswlek said:
DUMB question.....Just because Kaczur is starting to practice does NOT mean he is ready to play or is even close to being in game shape form. If this is a healthy Kaczur READY physically to play it's a no-brainer..but that may NOT be what the choice is. Would you rather have a Kaczur starting the season and rehabbing and NOT ready to play or a healthy Britt who is learning the position..a rook?? (I don't even agree that this may be the choice..but it's one that I was asked about...) A bit different a choice do you not agree?? What if Kaczur isn't really ready to play for a few games..or a month?? I think that is where the decision has to be made. If K can be game time in the first few games, then yes, he should get himself in shape ASAP. If on the other hands there is doubt, why rush him and maybe cause more harm in the long run. If that is the case PUP and have a healthy lineman ready to play Game 1.

Interesting how some people can twist a Patriot player getting healthy in to a bad thing :confused: There is nothing bad about this :rocker:

Thank you SeanBruschi for providing the best belly laughs of the morning!!!!

Do you know of anyone with LESS NFL experience you could promote to starter? A fetus perhaps??

I'm not saying O'Callaghan won't be great, but this is ridiculous.

BelichickFan said:
Interesting how some people can twist a Patriot player getting healthy in to a bad thing :confused: There is nothing bad about this :rocker:
I think a class of remedial reading is in order...where did I say that it was "bad"??? As for twisting things..maybe you don't understand the decision they MAY have to make..between an injured Kacur on the mend who may not be ready for a month and having a healthy player as a backup. THAT is a possibility and a coach they must make. Obvious a lot depends on that gating factor of recovery and how quickly that will happen. If he may not be ready to play for a month or so, he may be better on PUP than and totally healthy when he returns than rushed in quickly. And if he comes in too soon, not only might he be reinjured, but he may not be as effective. Which is better??
It's NOT a bad thing at all and I never said that, but it poses a tough roster question if he may NOT be ready and up to speed for a month or so.

Last edited:
Just heard that he is expected to practice..so all speculation about PUP for him is gone. I think that means he is closer to playing shape than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back