PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nick Caserio- Your Thoughts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Every time I read an interview with Caserio, I really enjoy it. The guy just seems to have such a brilliant football mind, he seems like a true extension of Belichick. Just very enjoyable to read his comments about the whole draft process, the teams interviews with draft prospects, his comments about the receivers I found really interesting, just pretty much every interview he does paints a picture of the Pats as far as how they build a team. He really gives great insight, yet like Belichick, he keeps most things close to the hip, which is the smart thing to do. What do you guys and gals think ? I Hope he stays with the Pats for a long time.

I'm a huge Caserio fan and believe that he is a massive upgrade over Pioli. People who say no one talks back to BB aren't giving this guy enough credit. If the Pats want to keep him, they are eventually going to have to give him the title of GM. Heck, they guy has even been an arm in training camp when the Pats needed one.

Last edited:
I totally agree about it seeming like he is an extension of Bellichik. His audio even sounds like bill without all the snorting and such. Our drafts under caserio seem to be very good as well so I'd like to see him stay a while.

He's awsome. But only BB is capable of arguing with this guy. See...
8uHEKvR.jpg

BB is mad, i tell you

I tend to get lost in his EYES.
@fnordcircle agrees with you.

Truly, though, I think he's done a great job. He does provide good insight and is becoming more well known through the NFL, it appears. He interviewed for the Dolphins GM job a few months ago and I'd expect his name to come up in following years for similar jobs. It will be interesting if the Patriots are able to keep him.

I don't like it when all the guys at the top think alike. Not to say I would change the command structure but it is good to get different points of view.

He been on fire the last 3 years though.

The drafts have improved since pioli left and caserio took over.

I'm a huge Caserio fan and believe that he is a massive upgrade over Pioli. People who say no one talks back to BB aren't giving this guy enough credit. If the Pats want to keep him, they are eventually going to have to give him the title of GM. Heck, they guy has even been an arm in training camp when the Pats needed one.
They would not name him GM as long as Belichick is around.

They would not name him GM as long as Belichick is around.
I do think it is unlikely. That said, I believe BB will start delegating more as he gets older. To me, the question is whether he will lean more towards coaching or more towards personnel when he does.

Does anyone else look at Casserio and think HE looks more like the kinda guy who'd be sitting in prison right now?

Does anyone else look at Casserio and think HE looks more like the kinda guy who'd be sitting in prison right now?
Based on that one picture I would lean towards Bridgewater State Hospital.

Every time I read an interview with Caserio, I really enjoy it. The guy just seems to have such a brilliant football mind, he seems like a true extension of Belichick. Just very enjoyable to read his comments about the whole draft process, the teams interviews with draft prospects, his comments about the receivers I found really interesting, just pretty much every interview he does paints a picture of the Pats as far as how they build a team. He really gives great insight, yet like Belichick, he keeps most things close to the hip, which is the smart thing to do. What do you guys and gals think ? I Hope he stays with the Pats for a long time.
He does a great job handling the press. That is common amongst the Patriots management, coaches, and players.

My idea of the ideal employee. Calm, competent guy whose self-confidence is based on the fact that he knows his job, doesn't overreach himself and doesn't need to boast -- oh, and he obviously knows that he's appreciated. The Pats are lucky to have him so long as they do ...

I like caserio....my impression is that he is pretty good

He does a great job handling the press. That is common amongst the Patriots management, coaches, and players.

According to Pepper Johnson, Belichick teaches his players and coaches how to handle the media. They learn how to take questions and go nowhere with them. It's not great for the fans who'd like more input from them, but it probably helps overall.

Casserio seems like he can talk a blue streak without saying all that much. Perfect for the Pats.

These are the notable draft picks since Caserio began drafting.

Good
Chandler Jones
Dont'a Hightower
Alfonzo Dennard
Nate Solder
Shane Vereen
Stevan Ridley
Marcus Cannon
Devin McCourty
Rob Gronkowski
Aaron Hernandez*
Sebastian Vollmer
Julian Edelman

Solid
Brandon Deaderick
Zoltan Mesko
Brandon Spikes
Ryan Mallett

Bad
Tyrone McKenzie
Brandon Tate
Darius Butler
Ron Brace
Patrick Chung
Aaron Hernandez*
Taylor Price
Jermaine Cunningham
Ras-I Dowling
Jake Bequette
Tavon Wilson

*I intentionally included Hernandez in both the Good and the Bad lists.

Bad
Tyrone McKenzie
Brandon Tate
Darius Butler **********ouch*****************
Ron Brace
Patrick Chung ***********uh oh****************
Aaron Hernandez*
Taylor Price
Jermaine Cunningham
Ras-I Dowling **********not again*******************
Jake Bequette
Tavon Wilson **********I said not again*********************

In other words, don't let Nick pick a DB in round 2 because he ain't gotta clue :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back