PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nick Caserio hired as WRs coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nick Caserio named our new WR coach

With the brain trust of Josh and Nick as OC, QB coach and WR coach, the passing game cannot be in better shape. Their college connection and knowledge from a top football program will overwhelm the league.

Hey upstater1, Breer says thanks:

Here’s a story from D3football.com on Fletcher and his former teammates turned AFC East rivals (with a thanks for the heads-up to the good folks over at patsfans.com.)

Last edited:
Pretty soon we'll have an entire division III coaching staff.

Sorry, I just don't get it. Seems like we've continually declined in coaching talent since our last Super Bowl win.

Pretty soon we'll have an entire division III coaching staff.

Sorry, I just don't get it. Seems like we've continually declined in coaching talent since our last Super Bowl win.

Well, Charlie Weis was a high school coach before Parcells plucked him out of obscurity.

Well, Charlie Weis was a high school coach before Parcells plucked him out of obscurity.

That doesn't negate what I said. Replaced Weis, Crennel, Davidson and Mangini with who? Pees was promoted.

I don't know what Weis' first job out of an impressive career has to do with it?

Of course everyone starts somewhere, but most staffs mix experience in other programs with home grown talent.

Too many yes men is not a good idea IMO.

He was head coach one year and won the NJ state championship.

A different level, but hardly obscurity.

1979 Boonton High School (New Jersey) Assistant Coach n/a
1980 Morristown High School (New Jersey) Assistant Coach n/a
1981 Morristown High School (New Jersey) Assistant Coach n/a
1982 Morristown High School (New Jersey) Assistant Coach n/a
1983 Morristown High School (New Jersey) Assistant Coach n/a
1984 Morristown High School (New Jersey) Assistant Coach n/a
1985 South Carolina Graduate Assistant Coach/Defensive Backs (5-6)
1986 South Carolina Assistant Coach/Linebackers (3-6)
1987 South Carolina Volunteer Coach/Defensive Ends (8-4, Gator Bowl - L 30-13)
1988 South Carolina Assistant Recruiting Coordinator (8-4, Liberty Bowl - L 34-10)
1989 Franklin Township High School (New Jersey) Head Coach State Championship
1990 New York Giants Def. Assistant, Asst. Special Teams (13-3, Super Bowl champion)
1991 New York Giants Running Backs (8-8)
1992 New York Giants Running Backs (6-10)
1993 New England Patriots Tight Ends (5-11)
1994 New England Patriots Tight Ends (10-6, Wild Card loser)
1995 New England Patriots Running Backs (6-10)
1996 New England Patriots Wide Receivers (11-5, lost Super Bowl)
1997 New York Jets Wide Receivers (9-7)
1998 New York Jets Offensive Coordinator/Wide Receivers (12-4, lost AFC title game)
1999 New York Jets Offensive Coordinator/Wide Receivers (8-8)
2000 New England Patriots Offensive Coordinator/Running Backs (5-11)
2001 New England Patriots Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks/Running Backs (11-5, Super Bowl champion)
2002 New England Patriots Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks (9-7)
2003 New England Patriots Offensive Coordinator (14-2, Super Bowl champion)
2004 New England Patriots Offensive Coordinator (14-2, Super Bowl champion)
2005 Notre Dame Head Coach (9-3, Fiesta Bowl - L 34-20)

I'm waiting for the day when BB hires a coach who started out as a concession at the Razor as a position coach some day -:) It's like BB's runninga coaqching school fro gusy who want to get into coaching. So, now who gets the Director of Pro Personel job?

ie0905_footballKid.jpg

That doesn't negate what I said. Replaced Weis, Crennel, Davidson and Mangini with who? Pees was promoted.

I don't know what Weis' first job out of an impressive career has to do with it?

Of course everyone starts somewhere, but most staffs mix experience in other programs with home grown talent.

i gotta say i slightly agree

Well Davidson was replaced as TE coach by Pete Mangurian who was a former OC - more qualified than Davidson, I would say. Davidson's role as Assistant OL coach was likely not really needed with Dante there.

If you think of Pees replacing Crennel (as Mangini was only DC for one year) and Collier replacing Mangini as DB coach, Collier outexperiences Mangini by a fair amount. And Pees certainly brings a world of experience.

Regarding "yes men", none of Mangurian, Collier or Pees are career Belichick guys, I am sure there are plenty of ideas flowing from them.

Well Davidson was replaced as TE coach by Pete Mangurian who was a former OC - more qualified than Davidson, I would say. Davidson's role as Assistant OL coach was likely not really needed with Dante there.

If you think of Pees replacing Crennel (as Mangini was only DC for one year) and Collier replacing Mangini as DB coach, Collier outexperiences Mangini by a fair amount. And Pees certainly brings a world of experience.

Regarding "yes men", none of Mangurian, Collier or Pees are career Belichick guys, I am sure there are plenty of ideas flowing from them.

i actually wouldnt mind seeing some more ex players
a la otis smith

one guy ive been saying should be here for a couple yrs on this board now is anthony pleasant

i gotta say i slightly agree

I certainly think BB knows what he's doing and I totally understand the Josh McDaniel thing because it gives us continuity in the same offensive system for Brady.

But I don't see the risk in getting some outside talent on the staff at WR coach.

If they lose him, hire or promote someone.

one guy ive been saying should be here for a couple yrs on this board now is anthony pleasant
Pleasant said he wasn't interested in coaching because of all the time it takes that would prevent him spending time with his family.

I certainly think BB knows what he's doing and I totally understand the Josh McDaniel thing because it gives us continuity in the same offensive system for Brady.

But I don't see the risk in getting some outside talent on the staff at WR coach.

If they lose him, hire or promote someone.

well its tough seeing so many failed head coaches doing so well as coordinators too

that being said, if crennel gets fired, does anyone see him coming back?

Great post BFan, I'd lost track of some of those hires. That actually makes me feel better.

EDIT: To be quite honest, Mangurians experience blew right by me. (I knew about but forgot Collier). It is curious he'd be happy coaching tight ends when he's an experienced OC.

I'm waiting for the guy from the North Dakota Miners to take over somewhere.

Last edited:
Pleasant said he wasn't interested in coaching because of all the time it takes that would prevent him spending time with his family.

CRAP
really????
whend he say this?
damnit

So, if Fletcher signs with the Pats, I get credited with the scoop?

No, not exactly, upstater:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showpost.php?p=278184&postcount=7

pats1 said:
BB: "So, that gives you an idea of London's versatility back there to be able to...and what a team player he is. He's really a good football player and will do anything that's asked of him. From little John Carroll College in Cleveland."

Lynch: "Really? John Carroll college. Only player to come out of there?"

BB: "Well, don't forget about Josh McDaniels and Nick Caserio, they're in the organization. So, it's quite an alumni group there."

Last edited:
CRAP
really????
whend he say this?
damnit
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2004/07/11/it_doesnt_weigh_on_light/?page=2

"Anthony Pleasant, the classy former Patriots defensive end, said he hasn't officially retired and might consider returning to the Patriots or joining the Panthers, his hometown team. Pleasant, who has played 14 seasons, is making plans for life after football, completing his degree requirements at Tennessee State University, and planning to enter the seminary. "I've prepared myself for this to be the end. I prepared myself last season for it, really," Pleasant said. Pleasant has discussed coaching with the team, but says, "Coaching takes you away from home more than being a player. Really, I couldn't have asked for a better career. If that was the ending, then it was great. I'm just hoping they continue up there some of the things I started with some of the younger defensive linemen.""

Not quite as for sure as I'd stated but you get the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes