PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nick Caserio extended until 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story...ector-player-personnel-nick-caserio-extension

New England Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio, who was expected to be one of the most desired candidates for general manager openings, is off the market.

Caserio signed a contract extension with the Patriots that runs through the 2020 season, according to NFL sources, a deal thought to be the single longest front-office contract in the NFL.

Including this season, years were added on to the deal, taking Caserio off the market and tying him to New England through the Bill Belichick-Tom Brady era.

The deal has been done, in the draw for weeks now, though word of it had not gotten out until this week.

Hopefully there's no "out" for a higher position type of thing, I like Caserio a lot and expected to lose him soon.

Because of BB's leadership, you never know how good/bad the FO guys do but if plucking guys like Branch, Siliga of the couch and drafting guys like Collins has Caserio's fingerprints on it his contract extension is well-deserved.

Hopefully there's no "out" for a higher position type of thing, I like Caserio a lot and expected to lose him soon.
From reading various tweets it sounds like he could probably leave before 2020 for a "Full Control, GM" situation but won't be interviewing this offseason so that's a win. Of course, they're probably somewhat speculative tweets.

Excellent.

Keeps him away from the NJ swamp this year and keeps a very talented member of staff under contract for a long time.

This may a bet ensure Mcdaniels stays as a possible successor and bides his time since they are so close.
Great news.
Curious what the money looks like.

Good news, a behind the scenes guy who helps keep this juggernaut on track..

From reading various tweets it sounds like he could probably leave before 2020 for a "Full Control, GM" situation but won't be interviewing this offseason so that's a win. Of course, they're probably somewhat speculative tweets.

In 2020, Nick will be 45 and Jonathan Kraft will be 55. JMD will be 44. Matt Patricia will be 46. Grapes will be 29.

I would assume either Patricia or JMD would gone by then. My point is that they are in their professional prime,

BB will be 68. Brady will be 43 and Bob Kraft will be 78.

If they do it right, they have the core to be the "Team Of The 2020's" ....;)

Well played, Mr Kraft. This appears to be confirmation that the Pats will keep the same system in place as BB's role diminishes or he retires complete.

So much about the rumors that he is the leading candidate for any open GM position. I never thought he was a candidate for the Jets' GM job since Caserio has only had a senior position for the last 5-7 years which means Charlie Casserly probably has never heard of him. I am sure he is advising Woody Johnson to fight the Bills for that young upshot in Bill Polian.

Oooops...I got caught up reading "I, Moron" and missed the other thread...please delete or merge, mods

My first reaction . . .
72500-minions-cheering-gif-Imgur-CQso.gif

I think it would be a great feel good story if Mangini was brought back into the fold and believe Belichick is a big enough of a man to forgive him.
He is a good football mind and I may be selfish but I want as many helping my team as possible.
I know chances of happening are less than zero but I think it would make for a great chapter In this franchise and show we have all moved on from spygate.

My second reaction:

Wait, they've actually revealed how long a FO/coach is under contract? Are they planning to tell us how long BB is under contract next? :eek:

BB has stated that he has no plans to coach into his 70s. I think When he is ready he will make the move to the front office. The announcement of an extension for caserio stops all those phone calls askin g for permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes