PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nice writeup by Benoit on why our O will be fine..

Status
Not open for further replies.

luuked

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Why the Rob Gronkowski Injury Does Not Affect Patriots | The MMQB with Peter King

He explains in very understandable words why our offense looked like it looked against the Rams (i.e. gameplan with short passes and screens to take away Rams imposing DL) and reminds everyone that we change approaches with every opponent.

Also he nicely highlights the real value of players like Gronk and Lewis (i.e. being chess pieces that can be moved around to manipulate matchups to your favor).

Even though this is entry level stuff it might be too complex for some of the people on this board to understand because it requires actual thinking about the nuances of how NFL teams work and not just "lol Josh" comments.

What remains is what I have been trying to emphasize after every game no matter if we lose or win. Don't try to project anything on previous games because we are switching up our approaches between every single one. This is true on defense and on offense. Whatever our coaching staff thinks gives us the better chance to win we will do.

So to the usual suspects.. no our offense didn't look like it did just because Gronk is on IR. It would have looked the same even with Gronk on board except we would have had a bigger margin for error on third downs. You all can get as scared of everyone as much as I you want, I feel confident going into any game with this team and coaching staff. Give them enough time to figure the opponent out and they will find a way to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back