PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nice Win !

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamBam39

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
It was good to see the Pats play so well yesterday, just at the moment we really needed to see them do that. Brady said after the game that coach spoke to the team and got to them about how they have to play.

The Pats came out with that 'this is business' look in their eye we've all seen so many times, and you just had a sense that they weren't gonna let anything get in their way on this day. Now, granted, the Texans are not exactly the toughest team in the league to beat. In fact they're horrible. Yeah, I know they've made a few strides and beaten some teams, but I'm just saying, they are a very beatable team. They've certainly lost their share of games. But the fact is, we all wanted to see the Pats come out and play really well, and dominate this game, getting the win for their pursuit of the division crown, but also playing the type of football that would give us some hope for any kind of playoff run.

And they did that.

Yes, we still have to win another game to clinch. And yes, given out next two opponents, it's conceivable the Pats could lose each game. But I get the feeling after watching the game yesterday, and they way they approached it, that the Pats aren't going to lose each game - I'm pretty sure they're gonna come out and play really well each of the next two games and win at least one of them.

But even more importantly, I now have some sense of hope that the Pats can play strong once the playoffs begin. With the struggles we've all witnessed this season, there's been times it's looked iffy as to just how realistic it was for us to expect them to play strong in the playoffs.

I'm still concerned about the receivers and Brady's options in the offense. Getting Watson & Maroney back would definately be a big help. And I think our wideouts are an area of concern going against a good team with a good defense in the playoffs, still. But at least when they play like they did yesterday, I can at least hope that some of that old Belichick magic can show up and continue to cause our team to surprise teams, by playing really tough against really tough odds, and often winning just when you think they might not have what it takes. So anyway, fellow Pats fans, here's to renewed hope and the reappearence of 'the eye of the tiger'.

stay tuned... :)

Not put a damper on the win, I expect that we should dominate an inferior like the Texans every time. The OL needs to be consistent which we haven't gotten all year. Most noticeably, Light at LT hasn't had a strong year.

Not put a damper on the win, I expect that we should dominate an inferior like the Texans every time. The OL needs to be consistent which we haven't gotten all year. Most noticeably, Light at LT hasn't had a strong year.

Well, there's been a number of times that I hoped/expected to see the team come out and dominate this season, and they didn't, so it was still very good to see. A few times we've won this year, but not as impressively as we could've hoped for. A win is always nice, but sometimes, if the team eeks it out against an inferior opponent, it leaves you lacking confidence in the team's direction.

I got a different feeling yesterday.

Regarding the Oline and Light. There's been times they've been solid and times they've looked pretty bad. It's been inconsistant. I think it's very possible that they could pull it together for the playoffs.

hope so anyways :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey