PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nice Vollmer article from Reiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff. The more I hear about this kid, the more I like him.

It's clear BB is very high on Vollmer, after using such a high pick on a guy not on most other people's radar screens.

Good stuff. The more I hear about this kid, the more I like him.

Same here. I wonder if he'll be subbed in for Matt Light when facing elite speed pass rushers this season. One of his strong suits coming out of the draft was that he was fleet of foot.

No one say this guy coming off the board when he did. Many questionned the pick. Now... seems like everyone might just have to accept that BB might have done it again.

How this guy wasn't invited to the Combine is beyond me. He might never amount to much (though he seems to be more than "On track"), but he wasn't even invited ? Bizarro.

No one say this guy coming off the board when he did. Many questionned the pick. Now... seems like everyone might just have to accept that BB might have done it again.

How this guy wasn't invited to the Combine is beyond me. He might never amount to much (though he seems to be more than "On track"), but he wasn't even invited ? Bizarro.

It's reminds me of when we picked Logan Mankins. Nobody heard of him or expected us to take him that high.

Never know but Lights days at left tackle may be numbered and may change with in a year or two.

It's reminds me of when we picked Logan Mankins. Nobody heard of him or expected us to take him that high.

Yes... very much so...

I guess the difference for me would be that, as a 1st round pick, I expected Mankins to contribute right away, even though he was not highly touted (it seemed). Here, my expectations as a late 2nd rounder were that BB saw something he and Scar could work with and that over time, it would be a profitable move.

But... with the way people (Reiss, BB) seem to praise his work, you never know : he could be a bigtime cog in 09 (at the very least, he will be a BIG cog size-wise).

I have to say, I was probably the first person on this website to really take an interest in SeaBass, he came onto the radar at the end of the College season, and I took a real interest in him after finding out about his invite to the East-West Shrine Game. A game in which he really stood out. I even called him as a sleeper pick back in February if I remember correctly.

Because of that, I'm beginning to get a really good feeling about him and his progress, especially with the way outside eyes have spoken about his play in camp so far.

Hopefully it continues.

Same here. I wonder if he'll be subbed in for Matt Light when facing elite speed pass rushers this season. One of his strong suits coming out of the draft was that he was fleet of foot.

I seem to recall this idea being roundly mocked when I raised it after the draft, but it'd be great to see an upgrade against speed rushers.

His footwork actually was questioned by some going into the draft but from what I've seen he looks quite talented. There's always a learning curve on the speed in the NFL - much of everything else seems like it can be refined.

yes definitely or at least for kaczur's as*

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye