Welcome to PatsFans.com

Nice tribute to our Troops

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by pats-blue, Mar 23, 2006.

1. pats-blue

pats-blue Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Please NO political bashing on this post if you please, video has plenty for right, left and center in it for people to comment on. I ask that you don't comment if you are going to make snide remarks. Can't keep anyone from doing it just wanted to ask if we can keep ONE Troop thread clean.

One of my SF buddies sent this to me and thought I would share it.

http://xpstream.winisp.net/marcbarton

2. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I don't know of anyone here who would bash the troops.

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +520 / 14 / -28

The whole troop bashing thing is a Rovian strategy, that tries to polarize those who oppose the war and those who do not. I know a lot of folks who oppose what is going on in Iraq, however adopt soldiers and send them care packages..I also know some Guard members who have gone and just accepted their mission and oath...these whole strategy works in some areas where hysteria abounds or in the realm of Rush's world, however minimally in intelligent threads and discussion.

4. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

"Bashing the troops" is a code word.

It is a political PLOY used by the extreme right wingers to prevent ordinary Americans from voicing concern or criticizing the immoral war.

5. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

"Democrats despise the military", spoken by a true neo-con who never served, which puts him in good company with Cheney/Bush. Go through the Democratic ranks of all who served and compare it with the Republican side. There is no way to spin that.

6. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Oh, c'monn guys. Pats-Blue is right, there's no need for this topic in this ONE thread. Can't we respect someone's reasonable request without getting all smarmy? A sign of a mature person is someone who can look beyond politics.

7. pats-blue

pats-blue Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Geeze, I'm late for work but had to respond. I never said "troop bashing" or anything of the sort. I said "POLITICAL BASHING" which I see several posters now putting in thier snide comments with thier "views". I wanted peoples "political views" out of this ONE thread that was a tribute for our troops. The video had plenty to "comment" on and "highlight" IMO for right, left and center...I just wanted it to stand as a tribute and for NO ONE to bring any of that crap into it.

Thanks Pujo for being the only one in seven replies to "get it" to bad you had to waste your time reiterating my initial post.

Can't people just enjoy the video and leave politics out of it for once, let's not marginalize thier sacrifices.

8. milwaukeebeers44

milwaukeebeers44 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As much as it embarasses the hell out of my husband (active duty submariner), he really does love to see things like this.

Thanks pats-blue for posting.

9. bmf31c

bmf31c Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Best thing posted in here in awhile, too bad the thread was ruined by the normal BS in here.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +817 / 2 / -9

Sorry.............