Welcome to PatsFans.com

Nice thread on Giants board that gives Brady some respect.

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SuperStang83, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperStang83

SuperStang83 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +8 / 2 / -1

#24 Jersey

Looking at the Giants board I thought this was pretty cool that a lot of their fans gave props to Brady and how good he really is. It's nice to know that even though others are jealous of the success he has had, they still respect what a great quarterback he really is.

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/576351.aspx

2. billikens

billikens Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Interesting to read the competition's opinion, although the facts the original poster quoted are wrong.

He says Brady is overrated because he always had a healthy team, but Eli has had to make due with injuries. Of course, us Patriots fans know that the team was decimated by injuries in both the 2003 and 2004 super bowl seasons, including starting linemen, cornerbacks, receivers, running backs, etc. In fact, didn't they have a record one of those seasons for most starters in a season?

He also says later on that the receivers deserve the credit because they're the ones running the routes and getting open, not Brady. That misses the point that Brady has excellent field awareness and often his passes are check downs or changed plays at the line of scrimmage if Brady sees something.

In any case, it was nice to see some respectful comments about Brady, but I had to stop reading after awhile. The freakin' guy wins 3 super bowls and then goes 18-0 and people are still saying he's overrated. What more do you have to do, for crying out loud! (oh, I know, for starters win the next game).

Thank god for Tom Brady, and he is far from overrated.

3. SuperStang83

SuperStang83 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +8 / 2 / -1

#24 Jersey

Yeah, the original poster was an idiot, but I was very surprised that almost everyone else game Tommy a lot of respect.

4. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +43 / 6 / -0

Haha, nice to see everyone killing the OP for that crap. He doesn't even speak very good english, this one made me lol:

"It seems that your lack of football is blinding you. If you have read my thread real good, you will have other factors than just average receivers. The line and plays other factors as well you have to look at. You can not just look at the qb.

Also who made the catches and who got open my friend. Brady did not do the routs, the routs are givin to the receivers to do and the qb has to give them the ball. Brady is a good qb but he is not the best that I have ever seen. As for less than average receivers he has thrown to, that is nonsense. If they were less than average, they would not be in the NFL. Hey they will maybe drop all of the balls thrown to them.
    "

I mean the unintentional comedy in that post is gold.

On an aside, the O line has been really great this year obviously, but it seems that everyone who knocks Brady has amnesia about the last few years. I always felt that his best quality was the ability to get pressured, sacked etc. and not get rattled. He is cool under pressure. Now all of a sudden everyone says "oh he never gets touched" or tries to insinuate that if you blitz him he gets rattled and that is one of his weaknesses. I don't really get that one at all.

5. PittPatriot

PittPatriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9 / 4 / -1

#11 Jersey

My name is Pico. He wants to put a hat on my head.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  6. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +43 / 6 / -0

?????????????????????

7. PittPatriot

PittPatriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9 / 4 / -1

#11 Jersey

sorry, that was a Jerky Boys reference that probably was in poor taste.

8. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +43 / 6 / -0

My name is Kerpal and your daughter came to my house today and kicked my dog.

9. MrClutch

MrClutch Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:rofl:

Haven't heard that one in a while.

10. Pats_AZ

Pats_AZ On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

After reading the posts on that thread, i will never make fun of anyones spelling or grammer on this Board!!

11. Fanfrom1960

Fanfrom1960 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

As others have said, almost all of the posters jumped on the first one, the one who said Brady is overrated. But, yes, I got a stomach ache reading that thread. The layout, even the font, and the English and spelling, :eek:. Those of us raised in New England do have a higher standard though, you know.:cool:

12. TripleOption

TripleOption Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

This is my favorite one:

This moron couldn't X and O his way out of a paper bag and he is telling others to learn about football.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.