PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nice Satirical dig at king by BSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://bostonsportsmedia.com/

Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback opens with a look at 43-year-old Vinny Testaverde's whirlwind week, which culminated in the QB leading the Panthers to victory yesterday. King feeds his Brett Favre obsession this week by plugging a self-help book by Favre's wife.

He also attempts to defend himself against Wade Phillips' charges that King made up his quote about SpyGate being a "black mark" against the Patriots success. King uses the "you are going to have to decide who you trust -- Phillips or me" line to defend himself.

I think this allegation taints King's entire body of work as a reporter. The public deserves more of an explanation! They need to know whether King has been making up quotes for 20 years, and that all those great MMQB anecdotes really happened or not! The integrity of MMQB is at question here, and all he can offer is "you are going to have to decide who you trust?" The public deserves a full explanation of this! This isn't going away anytime soon. - satire
that was funny

edit:
here is king's quote in today's article

"He said the league's sanctioning the Patriots for cheating "was a black mark on their success ... not that I bet they gained much from it.'' He praised the Patriots and thought they deserved all the credit for winning the three Super Bowls."

this isnt what king said on hbo. he stopped the quote after "black mark on their success". am i right ?

Last edited:

that was funny

edit:

"He said the league's sanctioning the Patriots for cheating "was a black mark on their success ... not that I bet they gained much from it.'' He praised the Patriots and thought they deserved all the credit for winning the three Super Bowls."

this isnt what king said on hbo. he stopped the quote after "black mark on their success". am i right ?
A good satire...and it;s easy because King is soo out on a limb...

I think we need to see the original drafts of his columns over the last 20 years.

I'm not sure I can trust King, a sportwriter who works for a publication owned by Satan worshipers and terrorist sympathizers.

Of course I don't have any truth or facts to back that up... just call it a gut feeling.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I can trust King, a sportwriter who works for a publication owned by Satan worshipers and terrorist sympathizers.

Of course I don't have any truth or facts to back that up... just call it a gut feeling.

:rofl: :rofl: Well done my son!!!

I've never really read his stuff before, but I've read a couple since this situation occurred.

His writing seems more like a precocious 12-year-old writing for a school newspaper than an elite-level sports journalist. Kind of reads like comic book fiction, regardless of whether it is or not. That's just my impression (based on 2-3 articles).

I've never really read his stuff before, but I've read a couple since this situation occurred.

His writing seems more like a precocious 12-year-old writing for a school newspaper than an elite-level sports journalist. Kind of reads like comic book fiction, regardless of whether it is or not. That's just my impression (based on 2-3 articles).

Without regard he is regarded as one of the best out there right up there with Gosselin, Clayton and a few of the others.. if he was smart he would shut up, but egos prevail.

Without regard he is regarded as one of the best out there right up there with Gosselin, Clayton and a few of the others.. if he was smart he would shut up, but egos prevail.

I used to like reading King. Now I do believe he's been "exposed" as just another writer(JAW) who is crying because he had to join the ranks of all the other media whores when the Pats and the NFL FO toed the line of "no comment" after their punishment and decision was handed out. He is really committing hara-kiri as he continues to throw out accusations with no basis in fact, all the while ignoring logic and common sense.

that was funny

edit:

Ya know, I agree with everything you said, except I just wanted to say that Favre's wife's book is actually a really good book, and I highly recommend it - for women who have had, are in the middle of, or are worried about breast cancer - and I recommend it for men who have women in their lifes who have had, are in the middle of, or worried about breast cancer.

This was linked from the BSM story (from dallascowboys.com):

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=95D4A38C-9032-1E36-00B0C8BD38EA2469

This isn't the first time a King interview has led to misunderstanding involving the Cowboys. Back in 2003, the year after Emmitt Smith left the Cowboys and signed with the Cardinals, he was quoted by King as saying he was a "diamond surrounded by trash" during his last two seasons with the Cowboys. While Smith adamantly denied that comment, King also stood by his story, as he did with Phillips.

Too perfect. Find one incident, then dig into the past and you can find countless other incidents. Exactly what the sports media did to the Pats, in spite of the fact that you could find similar incidents with ANY team and ANY writer. What we need is a SI competitor with an anti-King agenda to follow this up with the same type of smear job they did with the Patriots...which, of course, probably won't happen, since they'd quickly be called out for calling the kettle black...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes