PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nice read from Nick Underhill of MassLive.com on the new cornerbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW SAD, NO COMMENTS.

Nick is really becoming a good Football journalist.

I think the Patriots are going to have the best secondary in football and it is going to make life miserable for Manning.

I think the Patriots are going to have the best secondary in football and it is going to make life miserable for Manning.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. Gone are the days when scrubs put up 350 yards and 4 touchdowns in the air against us. If the D-Line holds up, it'll be one of the toughest games for Manning all year.

Our very own legion of boom

Better pass defense is expected with these players.
What is also a side effect is what LaFell said
"I think if we can go face these guys and continue to get better, we'll be able to do it against anybody in the league."
I believe this to possible be an important additional benefit of having these new defensive players.

Our very own legion of boom

Love the idea but i really think this is a cover secondary and not one that will be laying players out, awesome as that would be. However the potential is there to be a blanket secondary that gives little to no room for error and that is going to cause a lot of problems for opposing offenses. I actually believe they will lead the league in interceptions this coming season. They may not be the most devastating physically but they can cover and they can cover a lot of ground, and they have DB's with excellent ball skills and should be playing from in front, all of which point to a good season for INT's. I can wait for football because i am going to enjoy this summer, but i can't wait to see this defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes