Welcome to PatsFans.com

Nice, looks like we (CA) have a budget

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by BelichickFan, Jul 21, 2009.

1. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +788 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

Seems like both sides agreed in California, now it "just" needs to be voted on.

$15B in spending cuts. That's my kind of budget. Based on the last census that is $400 per person. Not per voter, per person. That's $1,600 less for my household alone. Talk about massive spending cuts. Maybe we can be a model for the country after all :)

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +597 / 24 / -19

They're cutting $9 billion from education. That seems awful to me. There are already enough airheads in California. :)

3. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +788 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

It's about 15% from what I've read. They'll be OK. It mostly means K-3 will go from max 20 to max 32 per class, the same number as 4-5 already have. It affects me, there has been a lot of shuffling (and layoffs) at my kids' school. But at the end of the day it's the parents and kids not the class size or the building.

4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +597 / 24 / -19

How do you think this issue will play out politically in CA? Do you completely agree with no new taxes? And do you think this issue is largely over, or is CA simply postponing another crisis?

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,152 / 5 / -10

Is it a done deal or can the liberals still screw it up...?

America Needs Fixing Fast

6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +788 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

Honestly, I follow national politics a lot closer than state so you probably know as much as I do. Yes, I do agree completely with "no new taxes" because our taxes are already among the highest in the country - especially at the corporate level - and businesses are leaving. Which costs jobs, which costs tax revenues. We have the largest, and growing, non English speaking population in the country and they aren't going to become productive no matter how much we spend on education. I see CA as a looking glass towards the future of the country, we need people to understand that if they don't get an education, if they don't get a job and don't contribute that they will get the bare minimum and not an easy, comfortable existence. Now if we can get the obamans to not cheat on the census we may even get more Republicans voted into office here.

7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +788 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

It still needs to be voted on but both sides have agreed so hopefully it will actually pass.

8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,152 / 5 / -10

Good, I hope Fox News and the Internet will stay with it so the people will know that there is a way out, if it is successful the people will never hear it from "The Obama Media" Mush Mouth Matthews would rather set himself on fire than Report It.