PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nice Globe article on Wilfork

Status
Not open for further replies.

slash83

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
When players don't take a hometown discount they usually find a new hometown. I expect us to be drafting a NT this year to be ready for 2010.

When players don't take a hometown discount they usually find a new hometown. I expect us to be drafting a NT this year to be ready for 2010.

I disagree, we were lucky Wilfork fell to the Pats. BB knows he has a special player in Vince and would be extremely lucky to find a player with his ability, Wilforks the kind of player that you disregard trying to get that hometown discount out of him and pay the man what he deserves. Wilfork isnt going anywhere.

I disagree, we were lucky Wilfork fell to the Pats. BB knows he has a special player in Vince and would be extremely lucky to find a player with his ability, Wilforks the kind of player that you disregard trying to get that hometown discount out of him and pay the man what he deserves. Wilfork isnt going anywhere.
I don't think Belichick will pay the last dollar to anyone. We have Vince for this year and next. And maybe a year after that depending on the new CBA as it relates to franchise tags, etc. After that who knows. I agree that Vince is a special player and we were very, very lucky to get him - but I don't agree that it's automatic that he re-signs with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes