PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

nice espn article

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed this excerpt:

Said five-year veteran Jabar Gaffney, who is in his first season with the Patriots after spending the previous four years with the Houston Texans: "When I was in Houston, I'd watch him and think, 'The guy is really good.' Now that I've gotten to play with him, I realize it isn't even close to understanding just how good he is. He's incredible really. When he's on the field, you feel like you've always got a chance."

"The chances for the talented but flawed Jaguars to grab an AFC wild card berth were severely dented with Sunday's defeat and principally attributable to Garrard's inability to make plays and to a Neanderthal game plan that provided him few opportunities to do so. The Patriots play to Brady's strengths while the Jags attempt to avoid at all costs Garrard's shortcomings. The result was a ponderous and predictable offensive design that might be found in most Football 101 primers."
Pretty accurate description of the coaching of the Jags

I like how they dump on Garrard, it was like the idiots on Football Night in America dumping on the Indianapolis Defense - both are working within the parameters of the coaching and management. Garrard and his giraffes were not a major part of the game plan because those giraffes drop too many balls. Indy's Defense is designed to protect a Manning lead, not to save his butt when someone puts it in a wringer. Len, Bettis, Sterling Sharp, Collingsworth, Costas, what a flock of crows.

Len at least credited the Patriots' coaching with knowing how to design a game plan...unlike some around town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back