PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nice back story on Malcolm Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishbash

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score

Wonder how many invites new WR Malcolm Mitchell is gonna get to women's book clubs in Boston area?

Thanks for sharing that. I love these stories.

This guy figured out what's important and values what he gained through hard work more than the natural gifts he was born with. It's a lesson for all of us, no matter where we come from.

I want to see him have a Hall of Fame career now. Good start having Brady throwing him the ball.

I'm a softie and got a little tearful watching that video of the book club. Malcolm is my new binkie.

• Agree
Reactions: JJC
If we are already posting videos here... Malcolm Mitchell game tape against South Carolina:

He played some DB

Is it at all ironic that at the tale end of this video-snip the announcer says the 45-yd td was only made possible by a holding call earlier in the drive on..............

D Easley.

Hopefully it is also phrophetic, that he will be more successful for the Pats than the guy he Helped defeat back then.

10.50" hands.

Seems freakish.
I'd say considering they are 97th percentile among WRs they are freakish.

I remember people saying after Emmanuel Sanders plucked the ball right out of the sky on top of Malcolm Butler on a big third down in the AFCCG, that's what Brady needs. A guy who can go up, fight for the ball and come down with it. With those hands it would be nice if Mitchell could make a couple of those catches when called upon. He had a few of those in the highlight reels above, so I hope he can translate that into the NFL.

A question though, I've seen a couple of comments how he is no downfield threat and DBs don't need to worry about him going deep with his 4.45 40-yard dash. What's considered true deep threat speed, 4.30? Because his 4.45 is faster than the time of A.J. Green or Josh Gordon (granted, they are much bigger than him) and while they are no DeSean Jackson type speedsters I haven't exactly encountered people saying you don't need to worry about Green or Gordon going deep on you.

That's that guy! I remember reading a story about him last week but didn't memorize the name. Cool stuff.

10.50" hands.
Seems freakish.

Talent quickly spotted by the women's book club, no doubt.

Sorry. Just couldn't leave it alone. He deserves better, I know.

Something very David Givens-ish about him.

Former Bulldogs - Seymour, Pass, Watson. Georgia has been pretty good for NE.

More than likely a Nick Saban referral is comforting. He has steered the Pats right on a number of SEC players.

Wonder how many invites new WR Malcolm Mitchell is gonna get to women's book clubs in Boston area?
Molcolm is a playa. He knows where the hunnies are at.

I'm not exactly sure why, but that clip had me laughing.

If we are already posting videos here... Malcolm Mitchell game tape against South Carolina:

Can really see the effect of his freakishly large hands there. He catches everything cleanly, no Dobson-style bobbles or attempts to catch with his chest.

Although I remember being impressed with Dobson's hands in his college tape, albeit to a lesser degree. So who knows.

Maybe I'm being irrationally optimistic, but I really really like this pick. I think he has a great chance to be a long-term starter here, and I think he has a good shot to play a meaningful role as a rookie. He's definitely my favorite player in this Patriots draft class.

Well that's settled. His nickname has to be Sister Pants now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes