Nice article by SMY on Ivan Fears...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
glad to see he is getting recognition, he, Dante and Pepper have been with Bill since the onset...

Ivan Fears has been a Patriots mainstay | New England Patriots | projo.com | The Providence Journal

Some may say Fears himself is living in a sort of Fantasyland, only an NFL version. He has been part of one of the winningest teams in the league, felt the high of winning three Super Bowls and getting to a fourth, and it has been so long since he’s felt the sting of a losing season he may not remember it.

“I love it. My family loves being in the area, I love working for the Krafts, I love this program, I love what Bill does and I don’t see any reason to go tromping around the country,” Fears said. “I like the opportunity to win. I’ve been on the other end of that, and it’s no fun.

“As long as Bill holds onto me, I’d like to stay. But I’ve got to produce, too, and my guys have to produce for that to happen. That’s part of the business.”

Re: Nice article by SMZ on Ivan Fears....

SMY with another winner.

(From SMY's piece):
After 11 years together, Faulk has come to see Fears as a father figure, and they are as likely to discuss family matters as they are football ones. Corey Dillon still sends Christmas cards with pictures of his children.

“We’re around them eight hours a day or whatever it is, so you get a heck of a chance to know the guys. And they’re guys. They’re people, people you want to know. When they leave, you’ll still know them,” he said. “You’re going to hold onto those relationships. You go war with guys out there. You cry, you laugh, you go through the ups and downs…it’s something special.

Good stuff:)

SMZ is becoming of the best local writers that cover the Pats for a newspaper.. does not seem to have some "hidden" agenda as most of the others do..

smz is becoming of the best local writers that cover the pats for a newspaper.. Does not seem to have some "hidden" agenda as most of the others do..

...you mean SMY? ;)

Last edited:
She already is one of the best and I love the fact that she will occasionally post here. It makes me feel that she cares about all aspects for football in New England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back